Help with old World War 2 Omega watch

Hi
I live in the UK, am new to this forum and seeking some information about my late father's Omega watch. He served in the RAF in the Second World War and purchased this watch when he was during his pilot training in South Africa/Rhodesia between 1943 and 1944.
I have attached a few pictures of the watch and can confirm the number on the case (which i assume is the Model number) says 2328 and the number inside (which I assume is the Serial Number) says 9762153.
The watch (minus its strap) has been stuck a drawer since I was a child in the 1970s and would be interested on any further information on this model and also if it sought after/collectable even in its current condition.
Many thanks
Mark

Hallo.
Serial number could correctly indicate the year 1942-43, unfortunately I think the dial was replaced/reprinted at some point in the life of the watch.

Yes there are collectable even in that condition and faster place to sell i think will be ebay auctions.. Regards.

The movement is a R17,8sc - so I suspect that the watch had and has therefore at some point lost its sweep second hand.

As to your question on desirability - there’s always a buyer for everything, but with the missing second hand and potentially replaced dial it wouldn’t be for me.

My r17,8sc equipped reference CK2300/1 says hello.

IMG_1113.jpeg

What would become a cal 310, untouched dial, sweep hand, early nickel(1943), unpolished bevels, screw back.

I also have a sense that the dial is not original, but I must say ... it's pretty stylish nonetheless. Perhaps a local watchmaker can find a sweep hand to install and clean/lubricate your heirloom so you can use it.

At a slight tangent as the watch in the OP isn't claiming to be a military issued watch, rather a watch bought by a serving member of the forces. I have an Omega 6B/159 '56 with an MoD refinished (generally accepted to be a less commonly seen MoD redial) dial with a central circle not dissimilar to the watch in the OP. OMEGA '56 ON WRIST b. £1100.jpeg