Help with Constellation authenticity and id

Hey everyone,

august-omegawatches-identification-authentication-and-v0-0qlzubcrakhd1.jpeg

The person selling this is a watch reseller with a pretty large social media following. They have sold to well-known people before and are followed by influential people. He "doesn't know" the reference number and is selling it as a consignment with a certificate of authenticity. Seems kind of sketchy but also not? He claims it's solid gold, which is in line with previous Constellation gold models.

I've spent a few hours trying to find a similar Omega Constellation and I just can't find one that looks exactly like this, much less in this excellent condition. The case back has no markings on it. I've not seen an omega constellation where it says "< SWISS MADE >" on the bottom, it usually says "OM SWISS MADE OM".

Does anyone know
1. If this is even real
2. An reference ID or even a date (I think it's between 1969 and 1979)
3. The value? I'm being quoted $7450

welcome @cartier_santos

the watch you picture will be in the series illustrated in the pic below.

Hugely fashionable at the time of original sales - beauty is in the eye of the beholder and each to their own but this is not a Constellation in big demand.
Given the size, this is likely to suit a female wrist today.
The strap is possibly 'sized to fit the original owner' and may be difficult to adjust ( a pic of the clasp would help)
Not all gold dials were marked OM in this era - it tended to come in a little later.
(but impossible to tell from the blurry pics if the dial has been repainted)

The value of the watch is in its gold content - which won't be insignificant but won't be that great either given the size of the watch
$7450 is an utterly outrageous price for a watch like this - depending on the gold content, (presuming it is 18k) this is possibly 4-5 times (private sales) market value.

hope that helps

tempImage5hR6sn.png

Like 3
welcome @cartier_santos

the watch you picture will be in the series illustrated in the pic below.

Hugely fashionable at the time of original sales - beauty is in the eye of the beholder and each to their own but this is not a Constellation in big demand.
Given the size, this is likely to suit a female wrist today.
The strap is possibly 'sized to fit the original owner' and may be difficult to adjust ( a pic of the clasp would help)
Not all gold dials were marked OM in this era - it tended to come in a little later.
(but impossible to tell from the blurry pics if the dial has been repainted)

The value of the watch is in its gold content - which won't be insignificant but won't be that great either given the size of the watch
$7450 is an utterly outrageous price for a watch like this - depending on the gold content, (presuming it is 18k) this is possibly 4-5 times (private sales) market value.

hope that helps

tempImage5hR6sn.png

Wow, thank you so much for your response, incredibly helpful!

Like 1
Please don’t spend that amount of money on this. It’s really a lot! It’s more than the average price for more iconic models like Constellation Piepan in 18k gold