Forums Latest Members

Help with adjustable Titanium clasp for "Bond" bracelet

1. josiahg52 Apr 9, 2022

I have an Omega Seamaster Professional Chronograph Titanium ref. 2298.80, referred to by some as the (unofficial) Chuck Maddox Homage Watch. I really like the watch but would like it more if it had a micro-adjustable clasp on the titanium Bond bracelet. I have tracked down part numbers for the STEEL versions of this watch which would be a choice of several clasps

- 117STZ001154,
    - 117STZ004666,
    - 117STZ001159

depending on what specific type of micro-adjustable function you want to add and what watch model and original bracelet you have.

Qty. (2) 128ST0166 STEEL pins,
    Qty (4) 124ST3307 STEEL screws,
    Qty. (2) 118ST1589 clasp links for the STEEL Speedmaster bracelet
    I don't believe any clasp links are required for converting a "Bond" bracelet

That's for the steel bracelets but I have titanium bracelet ref. 1504-826 on my watch.

More research yielded part number 117TIZ001151 for the titanium version of what I think is the steel 117STZ1154 clasp. I would assume that like modifying the steel bracelet, I would need to purchase the required quantity of pins and screws. I have found only one reference to the required clasp links for the titanium 1504-826 bracelet, part number 118TI1515. I guess another question is if the screws should be titanium or steel if used in a titanium bracelet. I will make another assumption that there would be no reason for the pins to be of titanium.

What I think I need for fitting a titanium micro-adjustable clasp on a titanium Bond bracelet ref. 1504-826 going on a ref. 2298.80 watch:

1x 117TIZ001151 clasp
    2x 128ST0166 pins
    4x 124ST3307 screws

My questions:
    1) Are there titanium pins and screws for this application?
    2) Are there no titanium "conversion" clasp links because like the steel "Bond" bracelet, none are required to use one of these micro-adjustable clasps?
    3) Are there other titanium clasps available other than 117TIZ001151?

I would appreciate any help and guidance on the subject of updating my current bracelet or on replacing the entire bracelet with a newer one from a current or recent titanium Seamaster with the micro-adjustable clasp. My preference would be NOT to replace the bracelet entirely due to losing the originality of my personal watch and of course, the cost. I might be the first to try and do this so I'm prepared to forge ahead and see what happens if I get no or few responses. Thank you all for reading this.

2. keisuke_z Apr 17, 2022

You can’t do this mod without screw+pin Bond clasp links. The reason being that the mounting point of the original clasp is wider than the two mounting points of the adjustable clasp. Unfortunately titanium Bond clasp links don’t exist - so your only option is to either mix metals (use the SS clasp links) or abandon the mod.

the recent titanium tantalum SMP has a female endlink bracelet. So the clasp links from that bracelet are inverted and are not compatible with your titanium Bond bracelet.

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but the mod you’re hoping to do is not possible right now.

josiahg52 likes this.
  3. josiahg52 Apr 17, 2022

You're really not the bearer of bad news. I looked into this about seven years ago. It's only recently that I considered that since conversion links were not seemingly required for the stainless bracelets that the same might be true for the titanium bracelets.