Forums Latest Members

Current Speedmaster Moonwatch Bracelet change. To 15000 Gauss with adjustable buckle

1. Stylist Jan 31, 2019

Anyone know if this bracelet will fit the moon watch? the sizing and Lug look correct.

Trying to Achieve a clean bracelet with the adjustable Clasp, Like what you see on the 300 master vintage.

2. shoota70 Jan 31, 2019

I can't help you with your question but would like to see the results.

The lack of Speedmaster quality AM bracelet options is baffling to me.

3. ext1 Jan 31, 2019

There are some good ones around....1498/1499, and 1450....but just uncommon to see around! I haven't had experience with the older models like 1039 and 7912 though.

4. yinzerniner Jan 31, 2019

@ext1 The OP was asking specifically about AT bracelets. Of course older speedy bracelets will work on the new speedies, but there's no evidence that they would work with an adjustable clasp since older Speedy bracelets have 16mm wide links and differing connection points while the adjustable clasp is only available in 18mm wide.

Some have had luck with older AT bracelets on the Speedy Pro, but it's very much YMMV and might require some tinkering with different springbars. I for one wouldn't want to chance it and only use the suggested springbars since it's such an important failure point and if it fails the watch will hit the ground with more force due to the increased weight of the bracelet.
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-1574-898-aqua-terra-bracelet.19494/

Link here on the adjustable clasp working with the newer AT bracelets. Don't think this is needed as the AT bracelets come with very nice half links to dial in fit. Also the links on the AT bracelets are shallower than the links for bracelets made for the adjustable clasp.aa
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/aqua-terra-seamaster-push-extension-clasp-3548634.html

ext1 likes this.
  5. ext1 Jan 31, 2019

Ah, sorry for the confusion. I was just replying to the comment that there's "lack of Speedmaster quality AM bracelet options". You are completely right that there's no guarantee these would work with the adjustable clasp!

yinzerniner likes this.
  6. yinzerniner Jan 31, 2019

Yeah, very true about the AM options as the older bracelets are still the best look on the speedy IMO. Even the nontraditional ones like the oyster-style 1168
    [​IMG]

ext1 likes this.
  7. ext1 Jan 31, 2019

Hear, hear....I am really partial to that oyster style, if only that bracelet wasn't hen's teeth! (And I gotta go and grow my wrist size...brb)

8. Stylist Jan 31, 2019

Has any one tried a newer Style AT bracelet on a Speedy Pro?