Help with a Speedmaster reference number

Hi guys, I’ve been searching for my first speedie. I like broad arrow hands and that’s what I’ve been searching for (looking at used examples). Hoping some if you experts can give me a hand.

What is the broad arrow “sapphire sandwich” reference? I don’t know if I’m describing it correctly. I want to find a black faced broad arrow with display back. Any help with reference numbers so I can search greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Well, it depends on which model family you're looking for - there's the Broad Arrow Co-Axial line, which looks like this:

omega-speedmaster-broad-arrow-automatic-co-axial-chronograph-watch-321.13.44.50.01.001-[2]-3420-p.jpg

And the '57 line, which while not named Broad Arraow does feature arrow hands, and looks like this:

Both lines of which all came with sapphire crystals and display backs AFAIK. You may want to narrow your search by product line

@abrod520

Thank you. I’m just not sure of production lines, kind of new to Omega and watches in general. I’d like something automatic, 40-42mm, with stick markers. Pre owned as I’d like to stay under 4K. I’ve seen the Co-Axial, it’s 44mm and higher priced.

I’d like something automatic, 40-42mm, with stick markers. [...] I’d like to stay under 4K

The only Speedmasters under 44.25mm with broad arrow hands have hesalite crystals, solid casebacks, and manual-wind movements, so you'll need to compromise on a couple of your criteria. If you're trying to stay under $4k, I'd suggest finding a 3594.50 Replica:

79ad5a631bec9c06c943b6fd065a4f39_large.jpg

It's a standard Speedmaster Professional case (42mm, hesalite crystal, solid caseback) with the dial & hands made to resemble those from the original 2915. Fortunately as a standard Speedmaster, you could fit an aftermarket display caseback if that was important to you.

@abrod520

Ugh, this is the stuff I needed to know. I have been searching and have to look at pics of the case backs, been coming up short with the case back unless it’s the larger model. I’ll have to go with the solid back, which is fine. Thank you very much for that reference number and the info, it helps a ton, now I can start my hunt. Speedies have so many different variations, it’s mind boggling for someone to know how to find what they want. Much appreciation.

The only Speedmasters under 44.25mm with broad arrow hands have hesalite crystals, solid casebacks, and manual-wind movements,

Is that a fact? Model 321.10.42.50.02.001. 42mm, broad arrow hands, sapphire crystal, display back. 3313 co-ax Auto movement.

There is a black dial version of this which may be what the OP is thinking of.

Vem211s.jpg

oNvfPHe.jpg
Edited:

@padders your not helping, thought I had all the info I needed, haha. Nice watch, did they make that with a black face?

42mm, broad arrow hands, sapphire crystal, display back. 3313 co-ax Auto movement.

Ah there you go. Thought that model was 44mm too. I don't know the automatic Speedmasters quite so well as the Professionals.

Ah there you go. Thought that model was 44mm too. I don't know the automatic Speedmasters quite so well as the Professionals.

It’s crazy how many models available, imagine being new to them.

Prices on some of these are all over the place.....
These two watches, are they same reference or different? Help someone....
Am I missing something?

If you're trying to stay under $4k, I'd suggest finding a 3594.50 Replica:

Thanks @abrod520 , I purchased your recommendation and it arrived Saturday. I’m very happy with it.

Great choice and enjoy in good health. Does this come in white or panda dials?

Thanks @abrod520 , I purchased your recommendation and it arrived Saturday. I’m very happy with it.

Glad you like it 👍 If your budget was 4k, you should have a bunch left over for tons of straps 😀

Glad you like it 👍 If your budget was 4k, you should have a bunch left over for tons of straps 😀

I do! And enough left over for a good start on my next watch purchase too. 👍