Help with a black dial Constellation C-Case

Hi, very new to vintage watch collecting and grateful for any advice. I'm looking at buying this Constellation Crosshair from 1966. I wondered if anybody could give me advice on its authenticity? I know the dial has been repainted, but not sure if that means it's no longer 'as original.' Also, I believe the bezel is missing. Any comments on the dial, case, hands etc would be gratefully received.

Genuine but not worth wasting your money on.

The bezel is unobtainium and the refinished dial kills the collector value.

What are your thoughts on this example instead? Obviously not the original strap.

Screenshot_20231220-223312_Chrono24.jpg Screenshot_20231220-223246_Chrono24.jpg Screenshot_20231220-223206_Chrono24.jpg Screenshot_20231220-223145_Chrono24.jpg Screenshot_20231220-223034_Chrono24.jpg

Watch is fine but for that price I’d expect it to be fully serviced, warranty and bracelet. Even then it’s too high for a standard silver dial.

Welcome to OF, Kiwi76. You did well by coming here and asking for help evaluating prospective purchases before you pulled the trigger. Too often we see new enthusiasts who have rushed into a purchase and are now stuck with poor examples of vintage watches purchased at inflated prices that they can't return for a refund. A few pieces of friendly advice. First, slow down. There will always be another desirable watch for you to purchase. Second, stick around and read every thread on OF that relates to the type of watch that interests you (use the search function to find relevant threads). Third, if it's a vintage Constellation that you want, read everything on this site: Omega Constellation Collectors (omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com) Fourth, watch all the videos about vintage Constellations posted on YouTube by The Omega Enthusiast. Note: He has a very nice selection of authentic vintage Omegas for sale on his website, but the prices are very high, so best to shop elsewhere unless price is of no concern to you. Fifth, check the private watch sales forum on OF frequently: Private Watch Sales | Omega Forums Authentic, original vintage Constellations and other Omega models come up for sale all the time at reasonable prices. It's where you're most likely to find a good example of a vintage watch at a fair price. Last, continue to ask questions of us here on OF about your prospective purchases, but understand that we'll want to know what research you have done and what you think before we chime in. That's part of the learning curve that you need to master to become an educated buyer. Wishing you luck in your search and, again, welcome to OF.

Welcome to OF, Kiwi76. You did well by coming here and asking for help evaluating prospective purchases before you pulled the trigger. Too often we see new enthusiasts who have rushed into a purchase and are now stuck with poor examples of vintage watches purchased at inflated prices that they can't return for a refund. A few pieces of friendly advice. First, slow down. There will always be another desirable watch for you to purchase. Second, stick around and read every thread on OF that relates to the type of watch that interests you (use the search function to find relevant threads). Third, if it's a vintage Constellation that you want, read everything on this site: Omega Constellation Collectors (omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com) Fourth, watch all the videos about vintage Constellations posted on YouTube by The Omega Enthusiast. Note: He has a very nice selection of authentic vintage Omegas for sale on his website, but the prices are very high, so best to shop elsewhere unless price is of no concern to you. Fifth, check the private watch sales forum on OF frequently: Private Watch Sales | Omega Forums Authentic, original vintage Constellations and other Omega models come up for sale all the time at reasonable prices. It's where you're most likely to find a good example of a vintage watch at a fair price. Last, continue to ask questions of us here on OF about your prospective purchases, but understand that we'll want to know what research you have done and what you think before we chime in. That's part of the learning curve that you need to master to become an educated buyer. Wishing you luck in your search and, again, welcome to OF.

Just fantastic advice, thank you so much. You're absolutely right, I'm going waaaaaaaaay too fast. I need to do some study before I even think about parting with money. And I really want to learn about these wonderful bits of history as well.

Fantastic forum, so glad I joined.

Edited title to make it more useful
Thank you, good point. Will make titles more descriptive on future threads.