Help with 1968 Speedmaster

Posts
221
Likes
490
I’ll give you $200. 😀

Appears to be a 145.012 which would be cal. 321, but as others here will tell you, without a movement photo it’s impossible to say for sure if the watch is complete/original.

Cheers!
 
Posts
5,426
Likes
81,939
That looks like the serial number on the tag, is it 21mil?
Another look and it appears to be 24 mil.
 
Posts
5,426
Likes
81,939
Funny, I was going to guess 26M.
Or maybe 25😕
It is really the only one that is not legible🤬
 
Posts
1,582
Likes
2,016
Whatever the caliber is if the price is good go for it
 
Posts
581
Likes
746
Oh I was under the impression that the OP was the owner/seller vs. buyer...
 
Posts
5
Likes
9
Oh I was under the impression that the OP was the owner/seller vs. buyer...

Inquiring for someone who inherited the watch.
 
Posts
138
Likes
103
Take it to a local watchmaker and have him/her open up the watch for you. Take a photo and post it on here or compare it with photos of a 321 or an 861. I'd suggest not trying to open it yourself in case you damage / scratch the case or the movement inside. Plus, it'll probably be cheaper to do it this way.
 
Posts
1,721
Likes
5,360
And if you are adventurous get a Bergeon 8008 rubber ball for opening watch case backs to avoid scratches.
Cost a few bucks on Amazon.

 
Posts
1,827
Likes
7,373
Serial and applied Logo leads to Cal 321. Congrats, great set!
 
Posts
2,625
Likes
5,856
IF the serial nr is 26.074.xxx
it should be a 145.012-67.
I have a 145.012-67 with 26.072.xxx, and the extract shows April 68 for production.

Nice watch - but please more pictures??

😀
 
Posts
1,118
Likes
1,724
Anyone knows details about the four digits (in this case 6126) reference which can be found in the american tags and boxes? Are they listed somewhere?
 
Posts
5
Likes
9
IF the serial nr is 26.074.xxx
it should be a 145.012-67.
I have a 145.012-67 with 26.072.xxx, and the extract shows April 68 for production.

Nice watch - but please more pictures??

😀
IF the serial nr is 26.074.xxx
it should be a 145.012-67.
I have a 145.012-67 with 26.072.xxx, and the extract shows April 68 for production.

Nice watch - but please more pictures??

😀

The complete serial # 26074983