Forums Latest Members

Help verifying a polerouter tropical dial

1. eTsjo Mar 6, 2020

Hello,

First of all, let me say thanks for this wonderful forum!

I came across this beautiful polerouter, which has been on my grail list for a long time.
    I've been reading up on the polarouter/polerouter but as usual it's possible it's just a frankenwatch.

Anything here that jumps out as unusual?
    From what I can tell, everything looks original.

I appreciate the help.

JWAwyaE.jpg H8l8smg.jpg xKKDvKq.jpg qdiAQ5p.jpg 4IOqtuK.jpg CW1QKya.jpg
  2. bgrisso Mar 6, 2020

I can't speak to the crystal or the crown (can't clearly see if they are original), but the second hand is definitely wrong, or broken. The lume on the H/M hands seems pretty light, perhaps it had fallen out and was redone? Case also looks pretty soft...

aap likes this.
  3. eTsjo Mar 6, 2020

That's a good observation, I assume the second hand should extend to the inner bezel.
    Thanks!

4. Woops Mar 7, 2020

If you have been waiting a long time for a Polerouter then I think you should treat yourself to the best example possible. The case on this one has been heavily polished and the lugs have lost much of the sharp twisted profile that is one of the defining aspects of this model. Unless it is crazy cheap, I personally would wait for a nicer example to come along, with all three of its original hands.

5. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 7, 2020

The out-of-focus movement photo makes it harder to see the obvious rotor wear, and the lack of a photo of the inside face of the caseback means you cannot see the rotor rubbing marks. This is always a flag to me that the seller is intentionally trying to mask/ hide a known issue, and I cannot trust that the seller is not hiding other issues they know about

6. eTsjo Mar 7, 2020

Thanks for all the help. This one costs 1200USD.