Forums Latest Members

Opinions on a Polerouter ref. 204610-6

1. jCuBeS May 5, 2022

Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum.

I just came across a Polerouter ref 204610-6 and several examinations around the Polerouter checks out for me, with the help from: https://universalgenevepolerouter.com/

On closer examinations of the dial, had noticed 2 things.
    1. Circular scuff mark around the crosshair of the dial due to previous hand rub. However, the seller had highlighted that the issue had since been resolved.
    2. Slight scuff mark from between letters "O" and "M" on the "Automatic" lettering.

Would this be considered a redial, due to an attempt to fix it? What would your opinions on the dial condition be? Will any attention be required for future servicing, given point #1 made on the circular scuff mark on the crosshair previously?

Hope to get an expert opinion on this. Thanks!

1.jpg 11.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg
  2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. May 6, 2022

It’s an honest watch IMO. Price should be commensurate with condition. You should have a good watchmaker with a strong parts network for these. If you don’t, you might want to think twice. Dial was worked on. Redial means repainted.

3. crd May 6, 2022

I’m no expert on Polerouters. Is $3000 considered reasonable for something in this condition? Seems high to me, but maybe I’m missing something obvious

4. Mafkees May 6, 2022

This dial is ruined IMO. But then I am picky.

5. Tony C. Ωf Jury member May 6, 2022

The only way that this could have been "resolved" would be a redial, or dial "washing" of some kind. In either case, the value of the watch would be further degraded.

Note also that, among other possible issues, that circular mark was made due to an internal problem, possibly that one of the dial feet is damaged or missing. I'm not sure where the above poster got the $3000 number, but this watch is worth nothing remotely close to that figure.

6. crd May 6, 2022

I got the asking price from the original listing on reddit. I have a passing interest in polerouters, so I was curious. It's easy to find but I didn't want to give the seller any more traffic.

Tony C. likes this.