Help Resizing Incoming 2021 Moonwatch..

Hello. I plan to resize my incoming Moonwatch from AAFES myself. Don't want to risk an AD scratching it up like the horror stories here. I have the proper screwdriver and plan to do it myself.

For those who have a 7" wrist and the 2021 Speedy, how many links did you have to remove from each side? I really don't want to do trial and error this time around.

Just put the full length watch on, and then squeeze the bottom of the bracelet together to see and judge roughly how many links to remove. That’s how everyone does it.

Just put the full length watch on, and then squeeze the bottom of the bracelet together to see and judge roughly how many links to remove. That’s how everyone does it.

This and remove more from the 6 usually.

Just remove as many as you can see folded when pinched to start with. It’s usually enough

ps use low strength loctite

My wrist is around 6.8" and I took out 6 links to get a fairly snug fit. 5 was just loose enough for the watch to slide around and annoy me.

Thank you guys. I’ve heard that the new replacement requires a different driver or tool for the new bracelet other than the 1mm screwdriver. Is this the case?

edit *1.8mm
Edited:

Every wrist is different (shape and size) so it's not possible to give you an opinion on what links have to be removed. With Omega bracelets I find I have to remove 2 or 3 links from the 6 o'clock side to get a proper fit on my 7.5" wrist. With Rolex bracelets I find I need to remove a link from the 12 o'clock side. It's trial and error, you aren't likely to get it right the first time.

I wouldn't worry too much about those horror stories, those are the only ones that end up online (for obvious reasons) and for each one you have a thousand successful ones that don't end up on a forum.

I've had watches sized, bracelets replaced numerous times and so had many friends and I've yet to hear of something that went wrong.

Thank you guys. I’ve heard that the new replacement requires a different driver or tool for the new bracelet other than the 1mm screwdriver. Is this the case?

I think it’s a 1.8mm from memory. Also you’ll need something to push the pin out from the centre of the links after you remove the screws. A very small screwdriver or bracelet pin tool will do it.

I think it’s a 1.8mm from memory. Also you’ll need something to push the pin out from the centre of the links after you remove the screws. A very small screwdriver or bracelet pin tool will do it.

Noted. Do you have a 3861, pretty much like any other modern Omega like an AT. I've done my AT several times already without damaging anything.

Noted. Do you have a 3861, pretty much like any other modern Omega like an AT. I've done my AT several times already without damaging anything.

Yep I have the 3861 Hesalite. The AD resized it when I bought it but I felt it needed another one out. I found it very easy, just took my time so I didn’t scratch anything. I’ve done plenty of other cheaper bracelets before this one.

Yep I have the 3861 Hesalite. The AD resized it when I bought it but I felt it needed another one out. I found it very easy, just took my time so I didn’t scratch anything. I’ve done plenty of other cheaper bracelets before this one.

Me too, done probably a dozen with no problems. Haven't used a heat gun yet, and plenty blue loctite lying around. Did you have to use either for the 3861? Have Bergeon 6767f, Bergeon 1.6mm screwdriver, and various bracelet tools and stand from ebay 😀

Me too, done probably a dozen with no problems. Haven't used a heat gun yet, and plenty blue loctite lying around. Did you have to use either for the 3861? Have Bergeon 6767f, Bergeon 1.6mm screwdriver, and various bracelet tools and stand from ebay 😀

Didn’t need heat for mine, just slow steady pressure. I also didn’t apply any loctite as I was worried about making a mess with it. I’ll check the screws regularly, but the pin that holds it together doesn’t seem like it would fall out easily even if I lost a screw.

Didn’t need heat for mine, just slow steady pressure. I also didn’t apply any loctite as I was worried about making a mess with it. I’ll check the screws regularly, but the pin that holds it together doesn’t seem like it would fall out easily even if I lost a screw.

I appreciate you sharing your experience with the new bracelet. So basically two screws, one on each end? Will there be an arrow of which way to push the pin?

I appreciate you sharing your experience with the new bracelet. So basically two screws, one on each end? Will there be an arrow of which way to push the pin?

No problem!
Yep one screw on each end with a pin in between. No arrow, it can come out either way.

For small screws I find purple loctite works great, it's very low strength and is easy to remove the next time. The pin is loose in the link, it may even fall out if you remove just one screw, but I usually have to remove both and gently push it out, it has no direction like the previous bracelet with the friction pins.

I can resize many bracelets. I choose to visit my favorite watchmaker and spend the $20.

Thanks guys for the 411. Looks simple enough considering I've done my AT plenty of times.

Now I would like see pics of your new moonwatches 😜 @Evitzee @tooch

I can resize many bracelets. I choose to visit my favorite watchmaker and spend the $20.

I don't trust my AD to be honest. The sales reps do it. I will be more confident doing it myself. Closest boutique is 100 miles away from me. I may plan a trip for them to do it for peace of mind.

Edit: Just read you said watchmaker. Sorry don't know any in my area.

I don't trust my AD to be honest. The sales reps do it. I will be more confident doing it myself. Closest boutique is 100 miles away from me. I may plan a trip for them to do it for peace of mind.

Edit: Just read you said watchmaker. Sorry don't know any in my area.
You are wise to be leary. I took my new Speedmaster to a reputable jeweler, and one of their counter monkeys dented the living crap out of the bracelet!

Your AD has to replace your bracelet if it gets messed up, so you have that going for you.