Forums Latest Members

Help removing links on ladder bracelet for A3817

1. TylerRolex Feb 19, 2016

Sorry for the delay in posting a completed photo...here she is
    image.jpeg

2. ANALOGUE Jul 8, 2019

And what a watch! :thumbsup:

3. TheWatchering Jul 8, 2019

This thread helped me out a bunch! Thanks guys! This now fits perfectly.
    A06C5561-05D8-48CC-B83C-BDE5E522205B.jpeg

barbecoa likes this.
  4. barbecoa Aug 13, 2019

Eureka!

gert_san likes this.
  5. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Sep 29, 2022

Reviving this topic as it's something interesting & practical for those who want to shorten a folded metal bracelet without screws, without U-plugs, without pins ( whether or not arrowed with the direction to push the pins out between the links ).
    I went for option 1. Ease open the centre links and re-fold them.
    :eek:
    Indeed it is a whole other story with folded metal bracelets which come without neither pins, screws nor U-plug-slides to remove links.
    An example are the late 1960s & early 1970s Gay Frères folded metal bracelets for which we need to bend an inner centre link open in order to shorten the metal bracelet by getting a few links out... and then re-fold the centre link.
    Done extremely careful with a kitchen knife... here's a photo of the links I removed:
    GayFreres_Folded_MWU.jpg

6. Paoletto75 Jan 25, 2023

Sorry to jump in this thread, as I am desperately looking for 1 or 2 links for the GF ladder bracelet for my Zenith Defy "safe of time". Any hint on where to look at would be much appreciated...
    Thanks
    Paolo

7. ken_hodson Jan 25, 2023

You might want to consider the modern Forstner ladder bracelet.

https://www.forstnerbands.co.uk/collections/frontpage/products/the-forstner-ladder-bracelet

The links are screw links, therefore it should be easy to remove and add some new links to your current bracelet. It's obviously not 100% authentic, but the Forstner bracelet closely resembles the Zenith one. It'll be hard to find original GF links I think.

Alternatively, use the new Forstner bracelet and see if you can swap out the clasp for the Zenith one.

Paoletto75 likes this.
  8. Paoletto75 Jan 25, 2023

Sure I checked that, and it may be a solution, of course. Maybe someone who took out a couple links may want to part ways with them….:whistling:

9. DomB Feb 13, 2023

Superb dial!

10. sirtaifun Mar 9, 2023

With the actually Defy revival series on sale by Zenith on its original vintage measurements the newly manufactured ladder bands should fit the vintage Defy also.
    I dont have the chance to check that out for myself sadly but its maybe worth a try at a official Zenith store.

11. sirtaifun Mar 9, 2023