Help Please. Repaint or Replica?

My husband bought this Omega and I think the lettering on the dial just doesn’t look right. Perhaps it was repainted, but I haven’t been able to find this exact model and dial label anywhere. Need some opinions please.

My husband bought this Omega and I think the lettering on the dial just doesn’t look right. Perhaps it was repainted, but I haven’t been able to find this exact model and dial label anywhere. Need some opinions please.
Thats definitely a winner for one of the worst redials I've seen. Look like it's been done with a permanent pen

You get to tell him you were right on this one

And chronometer is spelt wrong it's er not re 🤦🤮

So what is the value? Is the opinion that its real but bad repaint?

You get to tell him you were right on this one
is the opinion that it’s real and just a bad repaint?

Thats definitely a winner for one of the worst redials I've seen. Look like it's been done with a permanent pen
Do you think it’s counterfeit?

No not counterfeit, just a horrible redial. 🤮

Any
No not counterfeit, just a horrible redial. 🤮
An opinion on value? I am thinking he over spent

It sounds like your husband can choose a good partner, but watches, not so much.

An opinion on value?

Does not appear to be in particularly good condition regardless of the dial. I don't think anyone here on this forum would give a second look. Maybe $500-$600 since the bracelet is about $150 if it's of a decent length, but again none of it looks to be in good condition.

Does not appear to be in particularly good condition regardless of the dial. I don't think anyone here on this forum would give a second look. Maybe $500-$600 since the bracelet is about $150 if it's of a decent length, but again none of it looks to be in good condition.
Thanks. He spent $1000. I thought it was high. We are going to try to return and get him some new glasses. 😀

You should definitely return it if possible. Regarding budget, $1000 is probably it bit low to buy a decent Constellation with bracelet. He wants to look for an original dial in good condition and a sharp case.

Also needs to be added that the crown seems wrong for the model and the case looks polished. Please also try to avoid these in your next purchase but yeah, do your very best to return it!

Sounds like you’re the one with the good eye @cpepper. Maybe you should find his next watch!