Forums Latest Members
  1. whiskeredbat May 2, 2020

Dear all,
    am thinking of buying a vintage Speedmaster Professional. Thing is, it's confusing with all the different reference numbers. Presently own 2 Speedy autos, one yellow and the other in pink gold. A dyed in the wool Speedy Prof would round everything up nicely. Wouldn't mind a gold version if budget permits.

Went thorugh a number of posts in OF and the sticky on Omega Calibres and now I am even more confused.

My wish is for a calibre 861. The 321 and Ed White are too expensive as I am not a Speedy collector.

What are the desirable ref numbers please and also the model numbers for the correct bracelet and endlinks?

Thank you for your time and trouble.

Stay well and be safe everyone

2. kov Trüffelschwein. May 2, 2020

There is a number of websites that give you that information for free. Speedmaster101, MoonwatchOnly, Fratellowatches... start reading through and documenting. The answer to your question is a long pamphlet I doubt anybody here is willing to write. Long story short, the Speedmaster Moonwatch was powered by calibre 861 from 1969 up to 1989 and the case reference was 145.022 with some period-related suffixes. The budget for those references can reasonably range from 2.5k up to 20k depending on the quality you’re after and if you’re looking for a full set or not. Happy hunting :)

3. Seaborg May 2, 2020

4. harrymai86 May 2, 2020

You can start with cal 861 ref 145.022-69st if it is within your budget :D

5. Max-pulses May 2, 2020

Agree

Seaborg likes this.
  6. whiskeredbat May 4, 2020

Thanks everyone for taking the time write and share. Will look into the suggestions provided and hopefully own a Speedy Pro soon.

Be safe everyone.