Forums Latest Members
  1. rsteabo Feb 1, 2017

Hello all,

I am brand new to the forum, and need advice on a watchmaker to service my newly acquired vintage piece.
    I recently purchased a Speedmaster Professional 145.022-71 that I absolutely love, single owner, all original including hands, stepped dial, bracelet and crystal.

I would like to have the movement serviced once, but preserving all the original exterior parts unrestored, particularly the hands and dial and case- they are part of the charm and value for me. But when I contacted the Omega Service Center, they said that only the central service center in Bienne services the vintage Speedys, and Bienne insisted that they would insist on replacing the hands and dial even if I requested otherwise. I even offered to forego the 2 year warranty if that was the issue, but they still would not honor those requests, which is infuriating to me!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a watchmaker anywhere in the US? I don't have anyone local that I would trust for this precious a piece.

If anyone has someone they have used and trust, please message me.

Thank you in advance,
    rsteabo

Etp095 likes this.
  2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Feb 1, 2017

Recommend you do a search, as there have been a couple threads in OF recently on where to get vintage Omegas serviced in the US. And if you indicate what city you live in/ near, you may be able to get advice from someone who lives near you.

Davidt and efauser like this.