Forums Latest Members
  1. jure1989 Jan 21, 2022

This is my first and probably last thread here. I am on the lookout for a vintage Omega Seamaster and I've managed to narrow my selection down to the following two pieces:

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/275128870133?hash=item400ef564f5:g:wVYAAOSwi3lh6pmLPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

https://www.chrono24.de/omega/seamaster--id21423872.htm

Since I have no prior experience with buying a vintage Omega, I could really use some advice. Like most people here, I want to buy an accurate piece, not something that was put together from old parts.

With these two pieces, am I looking in the right direction? And if so, which one is of better value?

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 21, 2022

Please post pictures not just links.

DaveK likes this.
  3. gbesq Jan 21, 2022

You don't want either. The first appears to have a refinished dial and a heavily polished case. The second is very overpriced. Your best bet for finding an authentic vintage Seamaster at a fair price is right here at OF on the private watch sales forum. Stick around, read as much as you can to educate yourself, ask questions, and most of all -- be patient. The right watch will come along at the right price. eBay and Chrono24 are bad places to start looking for a vintage watch when you're just venturing into the hobby.

Rudi99, jure1989, ken_hodson and 2 others like this.
  4. PlainVanilla Jan 21, 2022

Read carefully, it's all there. Thank you @gbesq , there's nothing to add.

Rudi99, jure1989 and MtV like this.
  5. ConElPueblo Jan 21, 2022

I do not wish to seem rude, but if you are looking for a good vintage watch you will either need to spend a lot of time or a lot of money. Since you've already stated that you don't intend to stick around, I would suggest that you instead of focussing on value (a rather daft parameter to begin with when vintage watches are considered), ask for which trusted dealers are good places to go to and then open your wallet.

bardamu, DaveK, krogerfoot and 4 others like this.
  6. jure1989 Jan 21, 2022

Thank you gentlemen for your thoughts and advice. I appreciate it.