Help needed for Omega Seamaster Polaris Titane

Hello Omega friends,

My wife and I have a pair of Omega Polaris Titane Seamasters which were given to us by our parents in the 80s. Hers is the version with gold inlay, mine has the palladium inlay. Both are quartz (yes I know, not very collectible) but despite this, they carry a lot of sentimental value for us and would like to keep them going (hers has stopped working, mine running a little fast).

My questions:
1) what is the ETA reference number for our watches?
2) any recommendations for sources of replacement ETA movements?
3) Are there any other Polaris Titane fans on this forum? Would love to connect with you.

Thanks in advance.
Maurice

Pics for attention :)

IMG_0286.jpeg IMG_0291.jpeg

Don’t know what would be the appropriate movement swap, but I’m sure a watchmaker with a parts account can look it up and do the work for you.

I also wanted to say I’ve never seen the palladium version before. Very cool.

I’ve often considered getting the chrono version, because I like the functionality of the quartz movement used in it (Central minute hand counter) and they do have that funky 80s style.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Palladium version and go to see something new.

Yes the Polaris family does have that 80s vibe!

Don’t know what would be the appropriate movement swap, but I’m sure a watchmaker with a parts account can look it up and do the work for you.

I also wanted to say I’ve never seen the palladium version before. Very cool.

I’ve often considered getting the chrono version, because I like the functionality of the quartz movement used in it (Central minute hand counter) and they do have that funky 80s style.

Hi Maurice,

These can still be serviced by omega or an omega authorised centre or watchmaker.

I have owned a few over the years, and when I last had once serviced for a family friend in 2021, movements, dials, hands, links, clasps, crowns and crystals were all still available.

Where in the world are you? We perhaps collectively could recommend someone to take care of these.

A check shows the men's movement is an ETA 955.411

Watchmaker was taking apart to clean and stated ETA caliber number stamped inside on main plate

Couldn't find anything on the womens model

Further check says the 955.412 replaces the 411

Thanks for checking. I was hoping to connect with him for Polaris info...

Over 4 years since he has been seen;

I'm based in Melbourne, Australia. The local AD said they'd have to send the watches for Omega in Switzerland for a repair quote. I've hesitated to do this because of the potential costs and risk of loss in transit.

I know a more local watch guy who is willing to change the movements if I can supply them to him.

Hi Maurice,

Where in the world are you? We perhaps collectively could recommend someone to take care of these.

Thanks Don for the very useful info ::psy::

A check shows the men's movement is an ETA 955.411

Watchmaker was taking apart to clean and stated ETA caliber number stamped inside on main plate

Couldn't find anything on the womens model

Further check says the 955.412 replaces the 411

Thanks mate, good article. I did do a search before making this post but couldn't find the ref numbers. Lots of fascinating reading though, like this one below where the Polaris line was an essential part of Omega re-inventing themselves in the 80s after the wrecking ball effect of the quartz crisis on Swiss brands. I dare say if the Seamaster Polaris reboot had failed to stabilise Omega in the 80s it might have had the financial and brand strength to launch the new Bond Seamaster in the 90s.

https://stories.omegaforums.net/omega-polaris-titane-xl-chronograph/

If you do a forum search on "Polaris" and ignore the JLC results there should be a fair amount to get your teeth into. Below is just one example :D
https://omegaforums.net/threads/a-pair-of-jumbo-polaris’s.121428/#post-1628542

I'm based in Melbourne, Australia. The local AD said they'd have to send the watches for Omega in Switzerland for a repair quote. I've hesitated to do this because of the potential costs and risk of loss in transit.

I know a more local watch guy who is willing to change the movements if I can supply them to him.

You want an independent watchmaker with an Omega parts account. You can find recommendations for one in this thread:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/seeking-recommendations-for-a-watch-service-in-melbourne.141938/

I have to say the palladium one is super cool.

Greetings 365, My 1990 Polaris multi-function still gets plenty of wrist time since my Ma bought it for my 21st.

Recently bought a midi pre-Bond companion piece which is just as comfy to wear but has had a tough life.

I've always had a hankering for a Titane especially the mechanical chrono but sure it will sit well on my slim wrist

I only just discovered there was such a thing as the Palladium version a few months ago - very sweet. Congrats

IMG_3370.jpeg

My OP date says hi too and wondering if the rest of your collection looks like?

IMG_3066.jpeg
Edited:

Greetings GarethS! From one Polaris Titane to another let me congratulate you on your fine taste!

The black/gold looks very striking in those pics. Thank you for appreciating the more subtle Palladium which tends to fly under the radar. Here's another pic below. My other Omega is a 2254 but I do have a hankering for a 1950s Seamaster...and a baby PloProf...oh where does it end!?

Enjoy your collection in good health :)

Omega Seamaster Polaris.jpg

Greetings 365, My 1990 Polaris multi-function still gets plenty of wrist time since my Ma bought it for my 21st.

Recently bought a midi pre-Bond companion piece which is just as comfy to wear but has had a tough life.

I've always had a hankering for a Titane especially the mechanical chrono but sure it will sit well on my slim wrist

I only just discovered there was such a thing as the Palladium version a few months ago - very sweet. Congrats

IMG_3370.jpeg