Forums Latest Members
  1. mikavate Apr 29, 2020

Hey friends. So this belonged to my grandfather and he wore it quite often. According to him, when he had is watch go in for a service in the late 90's they redid his dial. And clearly from the photo, not very well. To my knowledge and my grandfather's knowledge the dial once had Seamaster written on it as well as all the markers and lettering were lined up properly. Back when the service took place he didn't really notice it as it was completely restored, however, he and I really want it to return to its original state or at least to a higher quality.

From what I read redials are kinda looked down upon. Since it has already been redialed I don't mind getting it redialed once again to a higher standard.

My question is, What is the best place you think I should send this to help it return to what it once looked like?
    (attached is the watch and the desired look on the dial)

omega.jpg
  2. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 29, 2020

Where in the world are you?

3. mikavate Apr 29, 2020

East Coast USA

4. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 29, 2020

Then I can’t help you but others here likely can. Another option is to look out for a second hand dial on eBay etc. They do crop up but won’t be mint, if that’s what you are hoping for. I have the same watch too, it’s a nice piece.

apsm100 likes this.
  5. mikavate Apr 29, 2020

I have been keeping an eye out for second-hand dials however I would really prefer to keep as close to the original look as possible.

6. OMEGuy Apr 29, 2020

I believe it will be an easier task to find a another watch with a correct dial than to find a place where an appropriate redial can be done.

7. mikavate Apr 29, 2020

Are you aware of any place or anyone I can buy a replacement dial?

8. OMEGuy Apr 29, 2020

I'd try looking for watches for sale on ebay or elsewhere. These 2846's aren't that rare and sometimes come up with nice original dials.

apsm100 likes this.