Forums Latest Members
  1. themartist Jul 31, 2018

Compared to yours I think it'll be in quite an embarrassing state. Unfortunately has a gold plated or filled case but was a real steal price, as is still all original. I'll post once it arrives.

bigsom and noelekal like this.
  2. heavenscloud Aug 1, 2018

I was referring to one that sold on eBay for < $500. Unfortunately, the listing is no longer available.

Edited Aug 1, 2018
  3. themartist Aug 1, 2018

Actually, the dial is in slightly better shape than I imagined. I think with a revarnish could look pretty good. Also, I'll do my best to find a steel case somewhere - as this plated gold case isn't ideal. Will probably change the hands to the same ones you have Bigsom, as I have some lying around. Caseback also has seen better days - but the movement is clean and keeping good time. For $100, couldn't really argue.

image1.jpeg

Edited Aug 1, 2018
    bigsom and noelekal like this.
  4. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Aug 1, 2018

For $100 ... yeah!

5. bigsom Aug 2, 2018

6. themartist Aug 2, 2018

Thanks man. While it would be nice to pick up one in better shape - and I would gladly pay the premium to have it impeccable, I also quite enjoy the process and care required to restore pieces that weren't cared for so well. Obviously, I want to keep it all original, without compromise - no redial, no mismatched parts, clean calibre... but to me, the actual process of sourcing missing pieces and restoring (whether I give it a try myself or take it to a professional) is really very exciting. Not much different to restoring a vintage car. Either buy it perfect or consider it to be a passion project.

My personal obsession and involvement in the whole process allows me to be quite personally attached to the watch I'm fixing up. For this reason, I'll find it quite difficult to sell a piece. May sell one in the future but for now, I'm hoarding...

bigsom likes this.