Help me find out more about this black dial Seamaster?

There's a Seamaster on Chrono24 I'm curious about. The ad says both reference 168.022 and 168.228. It has 20mm lug width (visible on the back of the band). I can't find any other examples of a Seamaster that looks exactly like this, does anyone know anything? The ad does not mention it being refinished.

Thanks!

Edit: The caliber is listed as 752.

The ad says both reference 168.022 and 168.228. It has 20mm lug width (visible on the back of the band).
The listing has a typo, look inside the case-back. The case-back engraving indicates that it is for 166.028 (non-chronometer) and 168.022 (chronometer). These are date references, not day-date, and take 19mm straps/bracelets. So it is a redialed franken, with a 20mm strap squeezed into a 19mm space. Also poorly polished with some sort of bizarre fake crown. Even if it were all correct, the asking price is 3x-4x the actual value. In its current state, it's just an awful thing.

This is a 168.022 with correct bracelet.
Edited:

The movement also appears to have some gold-plated and some copper-plated parts. BTW, the listing DOES say that the dial is restored, which means refinished. Overall, it's important to train yourself to notice all of these details. And I would say that this is a seller to be avoided completely.

One needs to be particularly cautious with black dials, many perhaps most have been refinished.

The movement also appears to have some gold-plated and some copper-plated parts. BTW, the listing DOES say that the dial is restored, which means refinished. Overall, it's important to train yourself to notice all of these details. And I would say that this is a seller to be avoided completely.

I agree to avoid this seller completely. Restored to me means restored to a former condition. So to me this is incorrect wording by the seller.

I agree to avoid this seller completely. Restored to me means restored to a former condition. So to me this is incorrect wording by the seller.
Actually restored it a word you should look out for if your are looking for originality. Restored is a correct description, although Franken would be more applicable.

You can argue about the semantics, but "restored" is commonly used as a synonym for "refinished" or "repainted" in this context. So most people would feel that the seller disclosed the re-dial in the listing, even though it is hidden deep within the listing.

Of course, many refinished dials are not disclosed at all. Sometimes the seller is dishonest and sometimes they are not aware.

I like now to use the term 'rat-watch.' A deveration of a variation from hot-rod to rat-rod someone suggested here and I like it. Hot-watch on the other hand connotates a stolen watch.

Custom detailing might also apply. I am sure there are other car analogies (what I do not really know.) Most the people here want undriven concourse quality items

Back in the 1990s it was a thing to take a watch and skeletonize it. Then there are customization of the dial like the 'Man eating chicken' logo that tends to turn up in these threads.

One does have to use do diligence, as there are a lot of folk who are in the 'Used car.' business here. And if you have never seen the Zemekis/Gale film. It is worth a watch, if nothing else to see how a few choice sales words can lead to all sorts of havoc.

Good to know, thanks. Trying to find myself a nice steel vintage Seamaster. My shortlist so far is 168.023, 168.022, 168.032. Just a solid everyday watch really!