Help identifying…

Can anyone help me identify which watch this is? I think it’s a Mark 40 but I’m having a hard time figuring it out. The year range would be helpful too.

Two things:

1. If you unscrew the caseback, you’ll be able to see the case style/model from the number stamped on the inside and, looking at the movement, you’ll see the movement type number and the unique movement serial number which will help date the watch. Probably sensible to photograph both the movement, the inside caseback and the movement numbers.

2. Your photo is hopelessly inadequate. I can’t imagine what you thought the Forum could discover from it.

You must do your own research and post better photos if you want to get any help here.

Given that OF is a forum for like minded enthusiasts, you might also want to introduce yourself and explain a bit more about yourself and the watch :)

Like 1
Not a Mk40, it’s a Japanese market Speedmaster Date model using a 7750 derived movement. Sometimes known as the Japan Racing. From circa 2000 give or take a few years. Despite being Japanese specific they aren’t super rare.

The case number inside the watch won’t necessarily uniquely identify it since one case number can have multiple dial styles and multiple PIC codes.

Take a look at model 3513.53, it looks a lot like that. Some sellers advertise these as a Mk 40 but it isn’t, that is a triple date designation.
Edited:

Like 2
Yes, Ref. 35135300

Like 1
Two things:

1. If you unscrew the caseback, you’ll be able to see the case style/model from the number stamped on the inside and, looking at the movement, you’ll see the movement type number and the unique movement serial number which will help date the watch. Probably sensible to photograph both the movement, the inside caseback and the movement numbers.

2. Your photo is hopelessly inadequate. I can’t imagine what you thought the Forum could discover from it.

You must do your own research and post better photos if you want to get any help here.

Given that OF is a forum for like minded enthusiasts, you might also want to introduce yourself and explain a bit more about yourself and the watch :)

1. The watch is currently sitting my safe deposit box with other watches in my collection. That was the pic I had available on my phone.
2. I don’t feel the need to introduce myself.
3. A true Omega collector and enthusiast would be able to identify the watch from my “ Inadequate” picture. And, I have done my own research based off my “inadequate” photo which is why I came to the thought that it might be a Mark 40.

I was simply looking for more info from what I thought was a forum of knowledgeable collectors but was vastly mistaken. Also evident by the dense responses.

Not a Mk40, it’s a Japanese market Speedmaster Date model using a 7750 derived movement. Sometimes known as the Japan Racing. From circa 2000 give or take a few years. Despite being Japanese specific they aren’t super rare.

The case number inside the watch won’t necessarily uniquely identify it since one case number can have multiple dial styles and multiple PIC codes.

Take a look at model 3513.53, it looks a lot like that. Some sellers advertise these as a Mk 40 but it isn’t, that is a triple date designation.

Thank you very much. This was helpful

1. The watch is currently sitting my safe deposit box with other watches in my collection. That was the pic I had available on my phone.
3. A true Omega collector and enthusiast would be able to identify the watch from my “ Inadequate” picture. And, I have done my own research based off my “inadequate” photo which is why I came to the thought that it might be a Mark 40.

I was simply looking for more info from what I thought was a forum of knowledgeable collectors but was vastly mistaken. Also evident by the dense responses.

Sorry we couldn’t help you with your watch. Let us know if you need any help finding the door.

Like 8

Another satisfied customer.

Like 9
Mea culpa.
Note to self: Don’t give a dense response in future.

Like 6
Mea culpa.

Could you expand on that?

Like 1
Mea culpa.

Just as a service to avoid a further faux pas: we will remind you, if you do so.

Like 1
Talking of dense responses, could the Omega experts advise would this watch be suitable for lawn mowing, leaf blowing and diving?

Like 3

WTF :thumbsdown: ::facepalm2::

Like 3
From the picture provided, it could easily be a REPLICA as a real Omega.

Like 2
Could you expand on that?

Well, I could but, given the last response I received after trying to be helpful, perhaps I’d better not.

I mean, I don’t want to offend anyone else on OF :(

Like 1
Another satisfied customer.

Each day I browse through OF, I always look for this post on those "identify my watch" threads. A classic.

---

Any true collector and enthusiast out there that can help me identify this thing?

blurred-luxury-watch-A6KJC7.jpg

Like 3
Each day I browse through OF, I always look for this post on those "identify my watch" threads. A classic.

---

Any true collector and enthusiast out there that can help me identify this thing?

blurred-luxury-watch-A6KJC7.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D

@Spruce "No good deed goes unpunished" as the ol' saying goes!!

I hope we can pull you back from the brink.....

Like 1
Time for cats, then I am out of here.photo-31060_zpsa1542b0f.gif

Like 4