Help ID this one with Strange image on dial

Saw this one at the local antique mall. Haven’t seen that marking on a dial before. That ‘C’ looking thing. Anyone know more about this specific watch. It’s in rough shape but I might take it to restore.

Continental Can Company
iu

Like 1
Reference is probably a Geneve, so a bottom of the barrel piece.

based on the one image you posted its not worth purchasing in my option.

The color of the CCC logo tells what division the person worked in.

These are usually seen on Quartz watches from the 1970s. The photograph added later to the OP post looks like a 70s era mechanical. My guess would be a 10xx movement.

Much better non logo versions are common. Such are basically 'parts' watches. Apart from a balance complete, most parts sell for between 25$ and 35$. There are probably 60 or so parts in a watch not counting screws. Makes it uneconomical to build something from parts alone. The value of the parts watch is the value of the balance (or stepper motor.)

300$ is the upper limit for mechanical. 150$ is stretching it for quartz. Unless one is into self servicing rat watches then there is not much point in this type of watch. Pro service will add 400$ to 800$ above the price of the watch.

At the moment it is a buyers market. Recently I got two project watches with 5xx movements for under 200$ each. Naff dials and worn out cases.

The color of the CCC logo tells what division the person worked in.

These are usually seen on Quartz watches from the 1970s. The photograph added later to the OP post looks like a 70s era mechanical. My guess would be a 10xx movement.

Much better non logo versions are common. Such are basically 'parts' watches. Apart from a balance complete, most parts sell for between 25$ and 35$. There are probably 60 or so parts in a watch not counting screws. Makes it uneconomical to build something from parts alone. The value of the parts watch is the value of the balance (or stepper motor.)

300$ is the upper limit for mechanical. 150$ is stretching it for quartz. Unless one is into self servicing rat watches then there is not much point in this type of watch. Pro service will add 400$ to 800$ above the price of the watch.

At the moment it is a buyers market. Recently I got two project watches with 5xx movements for under 200$ each. Naff dials and worn out cases.

Thanks for the info. I am into self servicing. Been looking for project watches to bring back to life. I recently brought back a cal 500 Seamaster that needed a complete service, new mainspring, etc.