Help for potential first Omega buy

First of all thank you for reading my thread ! And i apologize for my poor english.

I have since many years a project to buy an omega vintage, because I remember to see my grand father with an omega at his wrist.

I have recently seen 2 watchs but I don't know if the price is fair or if the watchs are in good state. Both are full set with box and papers. I don't know if it worth it, of if they are very expensive...
- First one : 135.041 cal 601 / Price : $625
- Second one: KO2849 cal 503 / Price : $1200

What do you think ?

Thank you for your help

132.041 1.png KP2849.png

What are your thought? Are you thinking of buying just one or both?

If just one what are your plans to wear it?

of the 2 I greatly prefer the grey one.

Both are way overpriced but the first is a better bet than the second by far just on condition.

What are your thought? Are you thinking of buying just one or both?

If just one what are your plans to wear it?

of the 2 I greatly prefer the grey one.

Thanks a lot for your answer. My plan is to buy only one, both are beautiful for me. Do you think the price if fair enough ?

Both are way overpriced but the first is a better bet than the second by far just on condition.

Thank you for your answer. For you, what should be a good price for the grey one ? I think the price is "justified" due to the full set.

If you think the price is justified then that’s all that matters.

Id say head only that Geneve is worth $300-350 so you’re adding the same again for the box and papers.

Can you show a picture of the box and papers to ensure they’re correct

Its this one:

https://www.chrono24.com.au/omega/omega-geneve-135041--id25303179.htm

Box and papers on that aren’t going to add much value as its more of a wearing watch than a collecting watch, there are a lot of 601 Geneves around and a lot are in decent shape, the hands on that also look a bit messy, its pretty good but not perfect or anything.

Ok, I though like some other watches, box and papers give higher value.
So from your opinion, this one is not a good buy ?

Can you show a picture of the box and papers to ensure they’re correct

You can find the link in dsio post 😀

Are they correct ?

Ok, I though like some other watches, box and papers give higher value.
So from your opinion, this one is not a good buy ?
If the watch is highly collectible then yes.

in this case not so much.

If the watch is highly collectible then yes.

in this case not so much.

Ok i get it. So I have to find something else ::facepalm1:: hard to find.
Thanks for your answer 😀

Hi @kaspari,

You’ve been a member of OF for a while and seen a lotta watches posted here.

At the prices you’ve posted I’d give the Seamaster a complete miss. There’s nicer, better and cheaper out there or on the OF private sales.

So far as Genèves are concerned, whilst the price isn’t totally out of the park, at that price there are plenty of nicer Genèves and in your shoes, I’d go back to eBay and look for a 565 or 552 automatic or a 613 manual wind

So unless the seller has offered you a lower price it’s more like $800.

This is an entry level watch that very few are collecting so while the box and buckle have value I wouldn’t be bothered about having them with this watch.

For that money I’d rather have a better example of a better watch.

Hi @kaspari,

You’ve been a member of OF for a while and seen a lotta watches posted here.

At the prices you’ve posted I’d give the Seamaster a complete miss. There’s nicer, better and cheaper out there or on the OF private sales.

So far as Genèves are concerned, whilst the price isn’t totally out of the park, at that price there are plenty of nicer Genèves and in your shoes, I’d go back to eBay and look for a 565 or 552 automatic or a 613 manual wind

Hello @Spruce,

Thank you for taking the time to answer to my post.
In fact, I'm a bit lost with all the choice I have.

I will check in eBay of OF private sales.

So unless the seller has offered you a lower price it’s more like $800.

This is an entry level watch that very few are collecting so while the box and buckle have value I wouldn’t be bothered about having them with this watch.

For that money I’d rather have a better example of a better watch.

What kind of better watch would you choose ?

Obviously I can’t possibly answer that as it’s so personal and subjective. That’s for you to look through what kind and style of watches are available.

If this is the style you want (but if that’s the case, why are you considering two very different watches?) then you should go for one of these but think hard as to whether you want to pay for box and papers.

There are a few vintage Omega’s currently on the sales forum right here in between your low and high price.
Keep going down the pages and I’m sure more will jump out.

Thank you all for your advice, I will check on the sales forum