Help finding a tre/sei tacche

Some might have seen my first post in the Omega vintage section, I'm looking to find my first vintage watch. Whilst I've researched a few different watches I keep getting drawn back to the Longines watches from the 40/50s under the tre/sei tacche description.

My budget is around £500 but I can stretch a bit further if it's worth it. I have read the 'go fish' sticky which has been very useful but I would like some help/guidance in finding the right watch. As for example I found the watch below which I like but some things seem off such as the case back which looks too clean and is missing the notches (it's not listed as a sei tacche so maybe it's different?), the auto translated description seems to indicate some things have been replaced, are they correct for the watch? I have asked the seller for some more information but this is just an example of where I need help.

There is also a seller on eBay that seems to have a few but I didn't get much feedback from the other thread on that so I'm not sure.

Longines
£659
https://chrono24.app/longines/dress...099--id32215059.htm?SETLANG=en_GB&SETCURR=GBP

1000045126.png

Are you absolutely sure that you are ok with a 32mm watch to wear? Most people are not, so this could be a big waste of time.

Obviously this is not a Tre or Sei tacche since the back is not even screw down.

Are you absolutely sure that you are ok with a 32mm watch to wear? Most people are not, so this could be a big waste of time.

Obviously this is not a Tre or Sei tacche since the back is not even screw down.

I have tiny wrists so I think I would be okay, although I've not tried one. The smallest watch I've had was the 37mm Spirit

I thought as much re the one I posted, the dial looked very similar to others I'd seen so I thought I would ask.

There is an enormous difference between the way a 37mm and a 32mm watch wears on the wrist. I think you will be very surprised. Unless you have tried a very small watch like that in-person, I'd suggest sticking with 34-35mm or larger.

I'd suggest more research in general, including some firsthand experience if possible.

Like 5
There is an enormous difference between the way a 37mm and a 32mm watch wears on the wrist. I think you will be very surprised. Unless you have tried a very small watch like that in-person, I'd suggest sticking with 34-35mm or larger.

I'd suggest more research in general, including some firsthand experience if possible.

Are there any you could recommend in that size range that I could look into? With a similar aesthetic

The closest I could get to trying a small size is my wife's watch haha

For a small wrist, these 32 mm Longines can work well, IMO.

This is an intriguing example as it resembles a sei tacche from the front, but has a press-on case-back. While I do not immediately recall seeing an example like this before, there were other Longines references from the late 1940s with similar water-resistant, press-on case-backs. I cannot find the references right now but they house caliber 22A and 22AS. Anyway, the example on Chrono24 looks fine, though it would be nice to see other examples of ref. 6099 to get a better idea of typical dials. As @Dan S suggested, I would probably continue to research before diving in. While nice, this example is a bit strange (given the uncommon case-back), and the case looks quite polished.

Here is one of mine:
upload_2024-1-20_18-19-39.png

Like 4
Apologies I wasn't sure if posting all the images was preferred or not.

The seller said they have not replaced anything except the crystal but it has had a full service and comes with a one year warranty. I know this isn't a sei tacche but I do like the dial. However the caseback looks almost too clean

With a little bit of patience and spending some time learning 40s Longines you can get away with much better watches for that kind of money IMO.

Also as you already noticed there are different kinds of "sei tacche" which makes the nickname pretty useless to search by, tre tacches also come in many forms but its are way fewer variants so the name kind of make more sense to me. But for anything larger than the 31mm, the tre tacches are way out of your budget, there is also sei tacche cases looking pretty much the same as tree tacches only with 6 notches instead of the 3.

This is my sei tacche that looks more similar to the the cases of the tre tacches for example:
57C1CF7A-0A45-4056-9871-955530629E64.jpeg 4CB4D988-3F81-432E-B170-E8663545F2AB.jpeg BBFFC40E-D937-41D0-8415-77E2BDAE55E1.jpeg

Like 2
With a little bit of patience and spending some time learning 40s Longines you can get away with much better watches for that kind of money IMO.

Also as you already noticed there are different kinds of "sei tacche" which makes the nickname pretty useless to search by, tre tacches also come in many forms but its are way fewer variants so the name kind of make more sense to me. But for anything larger than the 31mm, the tre tacches are way out of your budget, there is also sei tacche cases looking pretty much the same as tree tacches only with 6 notches instead of the 3.

This is my sei tacche that looks more similar to the the cases of the tre tacches for example:

Other than price what are the issues with the one I posted above? Just for my own learning so I can pick up on these things. I'm finding it difficult to find information about these particular watches

The ref. 6244 has quite a worn dial and an incorrect crown.

Like 2
The ref. 6244 has quite a worn dial and an incorrect crown.

Ah okay thanks. I don't mind the dial, I didn't know about the crown

@SpeedTock Just came across this example for 690 EUR. Case diameter is 33.5 mm and overall condition is quite good. EDIT: Certainly not a steal but an attractive example, IMO. Patience could probably yield a similar example for less, but it could take a while.

Source: https://www.ebay.es/itm/235346487356?hash=item36cbbe683c:g:VRkAAOSwBD5lfWdx&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAAwBlZgK8Gq4OWyADvx801Ri1oAZug0UoROREMqyW1GjH94QUNQnpzBDqpGEnF7I6KmvN7kLzclJQ+zCe5dbvkkp/fTmywGggr6fdpsHnFJYvEIpgbyYqG3CHAcFHU2/NUGF00M8U5cPttQdhAUFb+qOtjGlq7WLwMUfoNeGyZ6eebVaM1cxo40IMyzdR33kssb5KZwXbFG/IYhL9p//73WBoj8G8ceYHiOI65EsC53SYqY6iJRdlS1buVKownGH3+yw==|tkp:Bk9SR8zu8eysYw
upload_2024-2-1_17-41-19.png
upload_2024-2-1_17-41-40.png
upload_2024-2-1_17-42-1.png

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Like 4

Thanks for sharing! I actually found one on Chrono, it's just been shipped so I'll share some pictures when it arrives. It looks like it was previously owned by the person that runs vintagelongines.com so I'm hoping it's a good one!

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Thanks for sharing! I actually found one on Chrono, it's just been shipped so I'll share some pictures when it arrives. It looks like it was previously owned by the person that runs vintagelongines.com so I'm hoping it's a good one!
Exciting! I would be curious to see photos once it arrives.

It arrived! Here is a quick picture. The extract states it was purchased in 1951 in Venezuela

1000046674.jpg

Like 6
Thanks for sharing photos. The dial, crown, and hands (barring the lume) look to be original/correct. Venezuela is a neat destination. I wonder what the name of the distributor is?

Like 1
Thanks for sharing photos. The dial, crown, and hands (barring the lume) look to be original/correct. Venezuela is a neat destination. I wonder what the name of the distributor is?

Yeah it looks like the lume was redone at some point but the rest looks good to me at least. The extract said it was sold by Joyerias. It would be cool if I could find out some more info!

Yeah it looks like the lume was redone at some point but the rest looks good to me at least. The extract said it was sold by Joyerias. It would be cool if I could find out some more info!
Thanks for sharing the name of the distributor. Let us know if you do find more info.