Have you sold your only 321 Speedy?

For those of you comfortable sharing your reasons, what made you do it? (Particularly if it was your only 321 Speedy).

I’ve sold a few… Only because I found a nicer specimen of the same reference. :D

(I guess that goes for many collectors who buy and sell occasionally. I am wondering though, OP, why do you want to know this?)

Like 7
I’ve sold a few… Only because I found a nicer specimen of the same reference. :D

(I guess that goes for many collectors who buy and sell occasionally. I am wondering though, OP, why do you want to know this?)
I'm just thinking about my collection and going through each piece and trying to figure out for myself what would realistically make me sell each one : )

Like 1
I sold one - a 105.012. It was in rough condition, and had a chunk out of the case where the casebook screwed in - I did not realize that when I bought it in a jewelry store because I couldn't open the case, but I got it for a steal because this was 2008 and they didn't know what they had. Had it serviced, but between the lack of water resistance due to the case problem and the tired dial/hands/bezel, I decided to sell it (with full disclosure of the case issue) and get a flightmaster in its place in about 2010, because I wanted to try one of those out. The flightmaster was in a lot better shape and I enjoyed it for years until I bought my First Omega in Space Speedmaster edition in 2016. That has satisfied my Speedmaster craving ever since, and the flightmaster was sold to fund it.

I've never really considered getting another 321 because the examples I could conceivably afford are in rougher shape than the one I owned (except for the case), and I didn't like that one. So I know another one in worse condition would just irk me and I'd never wear it. And really good examples are WAY outside my budget.

Like 1
I realize you asked a specific question, however, I am going to give you a general answer in regards to your question. When it comes to selling a watch in my collection my rule of thumb is if I am not wearing the watch, its time to offer it to someone who will wear the watch. Yes, there are exceptions to this rule but only applies to very rare and significant timepieces that I see more as art or historical significance than a watch

Like 4
I realize you asked a specific question, however, I am going to give you a general answer in regards to your question. When it comes to selling a watch in my collection my rule of thumb is if I am not wearing the watch, its time to offer it to someone who will wear the watch. Yes, there are exceptions to this rule but only applies to very rare and significant timepieces that I see more as art or historical significance than a watch
I agree with this in theory but still find it very hard to let watches go. And when I do, I often regret later, could be a month or 5 years later.

Like 2
IMO a 321 is a special watch. They don’t grow on trees. My 2999 6, as crusty as it is, is one I’d never sell.

Like 3
So for you does a 321 Speedy qualify as a historically significant exception to your rule? ; )
(And do you have one)?

So for you does a 321 Speedy qualify as a historically significant exception to your rule? ; )
(And do you have one)?
Yes, I do consider the 321 Speedy significant and yes, I have two which I have no plans to sell. Both watches, 105.012-66 HF and 105.012-66 CB, are in my regular rotation.
IMG_3717.png AFCDB132-BC90-4A83-8103-5F6B1AC1EE0B.jpeg

Like 2