Forums Latest Members

Has this happened to anyone else?

1. Gasman Oct 1, 2019

I attempted to use the Rolex forum yesterday only to get a message to say I’ve been banned and the ban would never be lifted.
    I sent 3 messages via the contact page but have not received a reply. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Also how did you put it right.

2. michael22 Oct 1, 2019

The universe is telling you to forget Rolex.

3. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Oct 1, 2019

Consider yourself lucky and focus on OF

Taybharr, Mad Dog, Rochete and 6 others like this.
  4. verithingeoff Oct 1, 2019

Happened to me, I said something a bit provocative and got banned, ho hum, this is a better place

Mad Dog and Lenny Pepperidge like this.
  5. Canuck Oct 1, 2019

Happened to me, years ago. If you have an opinion, there is no place for you on that forum.

6. Gasman Oct 2, 2019

I have received an email today saying I was banned for a scam sale on a Batman. It said it would reinstate me if I paid $12 via PayPal and included my name, address, password etc.
    This sounds dodgy to me. What do you think?
    Thanks

larryganz likes this.
  7. verithingeoff Oct 2, 2019

Words escape me::censored::

Mad Dog and Joe_A like this.
  8. larryganz The cable guy Oct 2, 2019

Hmmmm, it does sound dodgy and I wonder how do you confirm that the email really is from TRF? It's been years since I've logged into TRF, only because I wanted to trim down how many forums I followed. For a while I was mostly WUS and only occasionally here, and then for the past couple of years I've been more active here and less over there.

Pun likes this.
  9. michael22 Oct 2, 2019

It's a scam, either by TRF or somebody else.

wagudc and Syrte like this.
  10. Huus Oct 2, 2019

With that message forget about your TRF account and be happy here. Sounds dodgy as can be.

11. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Oct 2, 2019

Sounds like a textbook scam to me. Why on Earth would RF need you to tell them your pwd?! Anytime anyone asks for your pwd, it's a scam! Unless it's me asking my Mom for hers because she doesn't know how to use it herself.

Pun, Eve, tritto and 2 others like this.
  12. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Oct 2, 2019

Forgive me but the RF seems to be a rather cranky place. IMO you can get great advice here on OF.

wagudc and befobe like this.
  13. larryganz The cable guy Oct 2, 2019

I’ve seen a few other posts here on Omega Forums from people who have a lifetime ban on TRF, and I don’t think any of them have ever been able to persuade them to lift the ban for any price.

it seems that TRF puts the blame entirely on the member if their account is hacked and used for scams, because “you should’ve picked a stronger password“, or “you shouldn’t have fallen victim to that phishing attack and given up your password“.

14. FlyingSnoopy Oct 2, 2019

Never, never, never give your password to anyone...

Edward53, rob#1, wagudc and 1 other person like this.
  15. Gasman Oct 4, 2019

I don’t/didn’t.

16. Gasman Oct 4, 2019

I have managed it now reinstated.

17. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Oct 4, 2019

I tried to sign up for the Canadian Watch Collector forum www.canwatchco.ca and was immediately banned for life. I never even had the opportunity to make an inflammatory post. :unsure: I thought it must be a glitch, but received no response to my follow up questions

18. JwRosenthal Oct 4, 2019

I believe you were put on a waiting list. If you send $12 per month, you move higher up the list to reinstatement, but don't lapse in payment. Maybe in 6-7 years they will email you and let you know that for an additional $87 you could have the privilege of being offered a restricted and probationary status on the forum.

19. Wryfox Oct 4, 2019

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." -Groucho Marx.

I have said many things on this board that should have got me banned, so now I feel OF is a club I should belong to.

marco, Mad Dog, DaveK and 1 other person like this.
  20. JwRosenthal Oct 4, 2019

There are a few threads going right now that would get the lot of participants banned- the one regarding what you don’t like about your Omega- that would totally get shut down. Then the Forstner thread...if Rolex isn’t selling them for $2k-banned.
    WRUW- not all Rolex- banned.
    Help me find my lost kitten- not wearing a Rolex- banned.