Hands-On With The New Omega Speedmaster Calibre 321 In Canopus Gold (Live Pictures)

OmegaSpeedmasterCalibre321CanopusGold-311.50.39.30.01.001-1686.jpg
If you’ve been paying attention since 2017, you might have noticed that Omega has been up to something. Every first (Speedy) Tuesday of the year, the brand has released either a new Speedmaster or something Speedmaster-related, like the caliber 321 re-introduction in 2019. This year, the 65th anniversary of the legendary chronograph brings us the […]

Visit Hands-On With The New Omega Speedmaster Calibre 321 In Canopus Gold (Live Pictures) to read the full article.

Hmm. Seems like Omega has finally decided that these early straight lugs shouldn't have facets. Only the CK2915 60th reissues had thicker facets.

Looks beautiful, but a bit more pricey for me... Another grail I suppose. 😉

Comparing with 311.30.40.30.01.001, it looks like the balance cock/wheel has changed a bit -- interesting! Looks like a gem? A screw?

beautiful...can someone lend me $81K?!? 😜

Looks beautiful, but a bit more pricey for me... Another grail I suppose. 😉

Comparing with 311.30.40.30.01.001, it looks like the balance cock/wheel has changed a bit -- interesting! Looks like a gem? A screw?

That is a blue sapphire in the eye of the seahorse

Nice but: solid gold case and bracelet, cal. 321 = $81,000 USD? I have some friends that would love to know what there’re smoking over there in Switzerland…

Sorry, Omega, but you just can’t jump two-feet into the Newman Daytona playground and expect it to fly.

Beautiful, but the price does seem a bit crazy. It’s 30k Canadian more expensive than the platinum 321 and it’s almost double the price of a Canopus 3861 on bracelet. Box is nicer, the sapphire embedded in the crystal sounds complicated, but platinum 321 also has a Onyx dial.
I think it makes the moonshine 50th anniversary look like a bargain. Omega is definitely trying to move upmarket , but I think they are getting ahead of themselves.

🥱 boring... I hope that Omega has some more stuff in their bag for 2022, the 65th Anniversary of the Speedmaster...

As much as I have hard time to understand somebody willing to pay 10-15k for a Watch with a raw ETA or Sellita movement (let alone cheap chinese crap); a cal. 321 feels a bit cheap in a modern 80k watch in my books.

Beautiful, but the price does seem a bit crazy. It’s 30k Canadian more expensive than the platinum 321 and it’s almost double the price of a Canopus 3861 on bracelet. Box is nicer, the sapphire embedded in the crystal sounds complicated, but platinum 321 also has a Onyx dial.
I think it makes the moonshine 50th anniversary look like a bargain. Omega is definitely trying to move upmarket , but I think they are getting ahead of themselves.

I was thinking the same thing... how does this make sense? It makes the platinum 321 look like a bargain.

Even with price aside, I'd rather have the platinum 321 or the canopus 3861. Not a fan of sword hands on the speedy, despite whatever history says.

It’s 30k Canadian more expensive than the platinum 321 and it’s almost double the price of a Canopus 3861 on bracelet.

And the ’57 60th-anniversary Speedmaster …

I hope they will bring out more pieces for commoners like me... hehe

There seems to be some consensus here that the waiting list for this piece will not be too too long… correct? 😉

I was thinking the same thing... how does this make sense? It makes the platinum 321 look like a bargain.

Even with price aside, I'd rather have the platinum 321 or the canopus 3861. Not a fan of sword hands on the speedy, despite whatever history says.
This is indeed going to be a very niche product… it almost they priced it so high so as to not have to make too many…

I mean, we are now in ALS 1815 Chrono territory here, and even for an Omega fanboy like me, I know which one I would pick hands down. 😁

This is indeed going to be a very niche product… it almost they priced it so high so as to not have to make too many…

I mean, we are now in ALS 1815 Chrono territory here, and even for an Omega fanboy like me, I know which one I would pick hands down. 😁

(Happy new year, M!)

I don’t think I’ll be getting a text this AM from the OB asking me if I want to put a 50% deposit down on this one, lol. Maybe you will?

RJ’s comments on Fratello suggest what I’m sure a lot of folks are thinking— there will be other more affordable versions coming this year. So maybe a 3861 SS Broad Arrow is coming?

(Happy new year, M!)

I don’t think I’ll be getting a text this AM from the OB asking me if I want to put a 50% deposit down on this one, lol. Maybe you will?

RJ’s comments on Fratello suggest what I’m sure a lot of folks are thinking— there will be other more affordable versions coming this year. So maybe a 3861 SS Broad Arrow is coming?

(Happy New Year, J.!! 👍)

Correct… the OB has not contacted me just yet… and probably know what my answer will be!! 😁

I am not a huge fan of the broad arrow in the first place… so I am kind of indifferent whether there will be a 3861 powered one or not.

I think the good news is that this release should not really impact the production of “regular” 321 EWs.

Still waiting for my Snoopy anyway… 😗

With all the love for the first Speedy lately, the 60th Anniversary steel is sleeeeeeeeeeeeping!
Edited:

You could buy a Canopus speedie on bracelet and a steel 321 and have near enough £20k change.

the watch is nice - the pricing a bit insane.