Gold plated bracelet on a 18k Constellation?

Hi all, could you give me your opinions, please?
I have received a nice 18k 168.005 Pie Pan Constellation and it came on a period correct gold plated bracelet. It's a folded link bracelet and the sides are not plated but clean steel. Although the watch looks nice with this bracelet, the steel on the sides looks a bit weired.
In general, would you say a gold watch with gold plated bracelet is ok or is it a no-go?
Thanks!

For me personally I'd say it's a definite no-go, it kind of cheapens the solid gold watch head IMHO, but it's your watch to do as you will.

I have had a 14kt watch on an 18kt bracelet, where the richer colour of the 18kt is discernable, but only if looked closely for. So for an 18kt watch I'd say an 18kt bracelet is best, and a 14kt is also fine...9kt I'd imagine will look slightly off...but still better than gold plate.

Like 1
I was in the same line of thinking some time ago for a 18k Seamaster. The bracelet was both very difficult to find and expensive, so I thought I'd be good with a gold plated one. For the reasons mentioned above, I finally went for a leather strap and it's a much better decision.

I suggest go for a nice leather strap so you can enjoy the watch. You can get a solid gold bracelet when you find it or have the funds available.

Even for a solid gold Constellation of this period a solid gold bracelet would have been a pretty steep upgrade. These were delivered on straps and the buyer could choose from stock on hand or special order a bracelet of their liking from the selling dealer.