Full set 2635-9 opinions

Posts
1,151
Likes
1,472
Hello my local jeweler has a customer whose family member purchased this watch in 1956 when stationed in AK. He kept all of the items you can see in the photo, including the outer box and even the receipt from the register.

It comes on a BOR bracelet with that odd sliding clasp, and they also have an extra BOR bracelet with the large Omega symbol clasp (I think the latter would be the original one?). I informed him the dial might be redone, he was adamant that it’s original.

What do you guys think?

 
Posts
13,489
Likes
31,801
He can be as adamant as he likes, it's still refinished.
 
Posts
13,489
Likes
31,801
Is he/they selling this set?

If so what is the asking price?
 
Posts
1,151
Likes
1,472
Is he/they selling this set?

If so what is the asking price?

I’ll have to find out after I confirm to him the dial was redone.

As an aside- were (most/all?) Omega dials from this era signed “Swiss” (or similar) at 6 o’clock?
 
Posts
906
Likes
1,739
Other items to point out to the family:
Font is too small
Lack of serif on printing
Spacing between letter is inconsistent
The right leg of the "A"'s in automatic
The "G" in omega
The script e's in seamaster are wrong
The t is crossed too high
The S looks wrong
There's likely more.