Forums Latest Members

SOLD FS 1968 Seiko Lord Matic 5606-7040T

1. jshaw083 Apr 17, 2020

Asking 250 USD OBRO.

I am selling to make room in my collection for an incoming acquisition. Bought this a few years back from a local collector. It has not been serviced in my possession but it running well. I had the case restored by a professional jeweller and crystal replaced (receipt can be provided). It is keeping good vintage time, excellent in fact, for the price.

Case – Professionally refinished, per above. As a result, the case is pristine, no nicks or dings at all. Polished sides with sharp edges and brushed surfaces on top. Case diameter 33-34 mm without the crown, 18 mm lug width.

Dial – Beautiful, original brushed dial. In great condition. Day and date are displayed, day is displayed in dual languages (English and beautiful Kanji figures as pictured below, blue for Saturday and red for Sunday). Quickset works! The date wheels on these models are notorious for breaking and being non-functional, this one flips over crisply as pictured below. I’m no expert Seiko collector but my understanding is that they are very hard to find with a functional date wheel since the gear used for the quickset is made of plastic and would frequently break. There is a very small area along the edge of the dial with some brown discoloration (highlighted in second picture). It’s really only visible using the macro lens. I actually hadn’t noticed this until taking the pictures for the sale, not noticeable with regular wear.

Hands – Original, polished and still look sharp with minimal corrosion.

Crown - Original. Winds easily.

Crystal – Replaced per above.

Caseback - Original, unpolished. Serial dates the watch to March 1968. Lord Matics were first introduced in 1968 (as a successor to the Lord Marvel), so it’s likely an early version of the Lord Matic.

Movement - The movement must be removed from the front of the watch, and I’m afraid I can’t/don’t want to disassemble the watch. Can wind the movement with the “Seiko shuffle”. None of my other vintage watches do this, which is a testament to Seiko craftmanship. I hadn’t worn this watch in a while, and in the intervening time had bought several Omegas, a Zenith and a Polerouter. Coming back to this watch, for the price, I’m actually amazed at how solid it feels.

Overall, I think this would make a great first vintage watch if anyone is looking to get their feet wet.
    I’ll ship internationally, preferably DHL. Watch located in Ottawa, Canada.
    You pay shipping and cover duty.
    Sale is for watch as pictured, no returns.

Thank you OF for the space,
    -J.

IMG_0628-2.jpg
    InkedIMG_0749_LI.jpg
    IMG_0636.jpg IMG_0660.jpg IMG_0676.jpg IMG_0682.jpg IMG_0685.jpg IMG_0690.jpg IMG_0691.jpg IMG_0699.jpg IMG_0767.jpg IMG_0785-2.jpg InkedIMG_0778_LI.jpg

Edited Apr 21, 2020
    Sidnos, Deafboy, inchpincher and 6 others like this.
  2. jshaw083 Apr 19, 2020

Bump.

3. jshaw083 Apr 21, 2020

Bump

4. jshaw083 Apr 22, 2020

sold.

rbob99 likes this.