Forums Latest Members
  1. Forstnerbands Oct 3, 2019

Lol! Add solar charging and a light up display and I might be beaten to death by everyone here!

Togri v. 2.0 and eugeneandresson like this.
  2. Forstnerbands Oct 3, 2019

I haven’t been able to take mine off yet! As someone else mentioned here, they’re just cool a.f.

KstateSkier, Togri v. 2.0 and Mad Dog like this.
  3. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Oct 3, 2019

But it will look analog. And you won't have to consume hundreds, and throw hundreds away ;)

4. Forstnerbands Oct 3, 2019

I wonder if it would be possible to make it flat enough to appear similar to the original wrist calendars. We’re getting out of my area of expertise, as I’m only capable of analog as this point!

JwRosenthal likes this.
  5. JwRosenthal Oct 3, 2019

This is my life.

Forstnerbands and Mad Dog like this.
  6. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Oct 3, 2019

Arrhh, i haven’t though about the environmental benefits :D

7. MRC Oct 3, 2019

I´d definitely go for current year -- if your UK agent carries them. I wore these through the 1970s into 80s. And I still have that watch with a couple more on ´60s bracelets :thumbsup:

Spacedude and Forstnerbands like this.
  8. jsducote Oct 3, 2019

How do I wind it every morning?

JwRosenthal and Forstnerbands like this.
  9. Forstnerbands Oct 3, 2019

Very good! Looks like the general consensus is what I was planning (current year calendars), although I think I may also make some commemorative calendars too.

PeterMizzi and MRC like this.
  10. 105012 Oct 3, 2019

For the commemorative, how about an Apollo set (not just moon landings)? And maybe FOIS etc...

11. Forstnerbands Oct 3, 2019

Yeah I think that makes sense - a set of calendars for different important dates. Looks like I’ll need to do some research!

PeterMizzi and 105012 like this.
  12. padders Oooo subtitles! Oct 4, 2019

I am loving this thread. Great engagement by the manufacturer too. If the price is as indicated above you can count me in for 2.

13. Forstnerbands Oct 4, 2019

Hey folks - wanted to send a quick note. I took to heart your concerns regarding the potential for wear on the internal portion of the lugs by wearing this type of bracelet.

As a result, we’ve dialed back the pressure exerted on the lugs by narrowing the maximum width of the end piece from over 21mm to a smidge over 20mm. It will still “close the gap” on the professional case, but the end will not exert as much pressure on the internal part of the lugs. We’re still looking into supplying mini adhesives with the band to further protect the lugs for those who have concerns.

I don’t think there’s a risk of any major wear from wearing this type of band (and, personally, I don’t think I’ve ever thought to look on the inside of my watches’ lugs anyways), but I wanted to let people know that we’re listening and doing what we can to make your experience as positive as possible.

If anyone pre-ordered because they needed the 21mm width, shoot me a message.

Thanks again everyone!

Revo, smuggled_sheep, Pazzo and 17 others like this.
  14. JwRosenthal Oct 4, 2019

Between you and Uncle Seiko, I don't have to sell my car to get an assortment of period style bracelets for my watches!
    Thanks again for taking this on and being so responsive to the feedback of those of us who want one and those who own the originals and know what they don't like about them.

Forstnerbands likes this.
  15. BatDad Oct 4, 2019

This is a great idea! +1 on that.

Pre-order in!

105012 and Forstnerbands like this.
  16. Seamus4 Oct 4, 2019

I think commemorative sets covering the Apollo missions would be ideal and popular. For research, here is a good start by our own @TLIGuy:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/the...ter-jb-champion-combination-has-arrived.7402/

FYI, there is already a company that makes current date watchband calendars: https://www.jacksonofficesupply.com/WatchCalendars/default.asp

17. Forstnerbands Oct 4, 2019

Hey! That could save me a step - definitely prefer to avoid the hassle of manufacturing! Thanks for the tip!

smuggled_sheep and KstateSkier like this.
  18. PeterMizzi Oct 5, 2019

Ordered my new strap.
    Would be so nice if Forstner bands did a version of the wrist calenders to go with the new straps :)

Forstnerbands likes this.
  19. Forstnerbands Oct 6, 2019

Hi folks - more good news! We have sourced mini clear tack dots that fit inside the lugs, and will supply with each purchase to address the concerns some have expressed about wear on the internal lugs caused by using this type of bracelet.

Thanks again to all who have provided feedback here!

Kmart, Mad Dog, KstateSkier and 12 others like this.
  20. JwRosenthal Oct 6, 2019

Wow, are you responsive!! Can you do a seminar for corporate businesses on how to actually design a product with customer input?

A suggestion on the dots- can you please include a small sheet of them (like a dozen) and make them available on your website in an accessories section for those of us who bungle it up the first couple times, or can’t decide which watch we like it on :rolleyes:

Revo, Kmart, Mad Dog and 3 others like this.