Forums Latest Members
  1. krogerfoot Dec 19, 2019

The callback to the Fender guitars logo certainly got my attention, and the look on a Seamaster chrono made my big toe shoot up in my boot. For $125 I'd be losing money not to buy myself one.

2. palatine Dec 19, 2019

55F5B60B-349A-4EF8-8477-B54D4FF3C637.jpeg Mine can yesterday
    Looks good on my freese101

gminnj, Rodsch, BenBagbag and 3 others like this.
  3. marco Dec 19, 2019

I am begining to think these bands look the " business" on any vintage piece !

JwRosenthal likes this.
  4. cvrle1 Dec 20, 2019

I have no idea how I missed this thread all this time. Just placed order for 1 as an xmas gift to myself haha.

Baz9614 and Horoticus like this.
  5. Chaz Goldenrod Dec 21, 2019

Love mine :)
    8574A514-BD01-48FB-BBFF-ACFD25A2FA8B.jpeg

mancio, gminnj, WYO_Watch and 8 others like this.
  6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 21, 2019

Got mine in Australia the other day and gave it a go last night.

These are not the easiest bracelets to put on your wrist for the first time :whistling:

I got it sorted now but glad I wasn’t getting filmed trying to get it right the first time. ::facepalm2::

7. marco Dec 21, 2019

Wait until you try taking it off after a few drinks !

Baz9614 and SpeedyPhill like this.
  8. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Dec 21, 2019

That's why the Gemini program was started so two astronauts could help each other :D

Pazzo, Schmedsc, hanky6 and 6 others like this.
  9. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Dec 21, 2019

Damn...

50CFFA59-6D45-4DBB-82BB-81089814137C.jpeg
    C1C31871-22B2-400A-9465-76E0A7433CFC.jpeg

::love::::love::::love::

gminnj, Rodsch, Schmedsc and 9 others like this.
  10. Forstnerbands Dec 21, 2019

Thanks again to everyone for posting these amazing shots of the JB in action! I’m going to step aside to let the discussion play out organically, but if anyone has questions feel free to ask. I will also keep folks posted about upcoming releases and so forth, if you’d like to know about that on here. I am so thankful for the warm welcome on this forum and wish you all a happy holiday and new year!

Poday, gminnj, BenBagbag and 14 others like this.
  11. lustrousaurus Dec 21, 2019

And thanks for interacting with us, Gourdin! Looking forward to the horned end links and many more releases in the future! Very happy with mine and it seems many others are too!

SpeedyPhill likes this.
  12. EauTerre Dec 23, 2019

Viewing the pictures, the links look nice and the bracelet seems comfortable to wear, but why doesn't it span the full width of the lugs ?
    This seems unsightly to me. But maybe some people find it more comfy this way ?

13. JwRosenthal Dec 23, 2019

I believe the wide lugs-skinny bracelet is to keep in the vein of the original. There was discussion early on in the thread about making the bracelet wider so it suited the width of the lugs but that wouldn’t have been in keeping with the original design. As it is, the endlinks span the whole 20mm which the originals did not (there was a gap on 20mm endlinks) so that was a change to accommodate the more modern 20mm lug size.

drunkenseamaster and cvrle1 like this.
  14. EauTerre Dec 26, 2019

Thanks for your input. So basically there's been a small evolution in terms of size, but it was only limited to the end-links.
    I could see myself being interested in a derivative model which would complete the enlargement to the rest of the bracelet.

15. JwRosenthal Dec 26, 2019

I think the splendor in this bracelet is that it’s not trying to be a modern take on a vintage style- it is almost exactly like the original- which are now very expensive. Finding modern bracelets to pair with vintage watches is tough becuase most modern aftermarket bracelets are quite thick and don’t have the correct taper and clasp style. As you can see in some of the- other than Speedmaster- pairings, it goes very well with 60’s era watches that didn’t come with bracelets as a factory option.
    I agree that on a watch as large as the Speedmaster, it kind of looks like a lollipop (which it why my new Forstner doesn’t live on my Speedmaster)- but that’s the “NASA” look that so many people desire. On other vintage watches that are 37mm or smaller, I think the proportions are perfect.

16. jsducote Dec 26, 2019

The way I see it is that the guys in the photos from the late 60s collectively (perhaps passively) got their 'gear' more or less from the same sources. They didn't really have time to go shopping, so you saw them living in the same neighborhoods, driving the same cars, wearing the same suits, sporting the same watches. A few of them asked, "Hey, I want something more comfortable on my wrist, what are my options?" Someone surveyed the options and sourced the JBC/Forstner for them and that became the de facto bracelet for a lot of them.

The modern wearer would do the same - what are my options? Leather (Bulang, TwoStitch, FRousseau, etc.), NATO, Uncle Seiko, Forstner, and so on. The style may not have changed, but it is still a viable option when it comes to a comfortable alternative.

17. cvrle1 Dec 28, 2019

Not sure if this was mentioned in 21 pages, so I will ask. Does anyone know where these bands are actually made? It doest say anywhere on the band, like original FK and JB bracelets had, and it doesnt say anywhere on the box either. I dont want to guess and assume, so asking here. Thanks

18. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Dec 30, 2019

Speedmaster on steel mesh bracelet... super comfortable even in an Orlan-M spaceflown glove...
    zOrlan-M.jpg

gminnj likes this.
  19. krogerfoot Dec 30, 2019

Putting mine through its paces with the Laundry Test

IMG_7814.JPG
    My initial attempt was extremely undignified. Definitely advisable for American men of the Never Look at Instructions creed to watch the how-to video on the Forstner website to escape humiliation.

eugeneandresson and Baz9614 like this.
  20. Baz9614 Dec 30, 2019

Son of a bitch! ::facepalm1:: I thought that nub was simple styling. . . :taunt:

marco and krogerfoot like this.