Forbes - Moonwatch is Overrated

Posts
10,995
Likes
54,828
Well written, I agree, winding things is just dumb
 
Posts
7,075
Likes
56,689
I've always greatly enjoyed the plain ol' monochromatic aspects of the plain ol' styling of the plain ol' Moonwatch best of all the variant Speedmaster editions.
 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,670
I've always greatly enjoyed the plain ol' monochromatic aspects of the plain ol' styling of the plain ol' Moonwatch best of all the variant Speedmaster editions.
Imagine a single red speedy! Omg a double red would break the laws of physics!!!
 
Posts
277
Likes
409
That sentence threw me as well. But there are those persistent rumors that many poor souls have been forced to buy the new Speedmaster at gunpoint. 😲 And driving away collectors? How is Swatch Omega doing that exactly? By refusing to supply parts for my 1969 Speedmaster? Oh wait, they continue to do that for their vintage models unlike, for example, Rolex. 😕 Who IS this author?

He's a "contributor" to Forbes (not an employee per se), so it's not a Forbes article.

The Author: https://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewcatellier/ he also runs this blog: https://www.watchreviewblog.com/ on which he offers a Shop with horrible looking (imo) watch cases. In other words, a low rent Teddy Baldassarre.

Scanned his article, it is not worth reading, essentially: "I don't care about the 1969 moon landings, so I don't care about this watch, and oh here's some more useless drivel about them being tacky". Just some opinionated BS.
 
Posts
5,424
Likes
81,883
Well, if everybody liked them we wouldn’t be able to afford them and wouldn’t be able to get.
Sound familiar😉
 
Posts
430
Likes
610
My favorite line: "The #speedytuesday hashtag movement appears as innocent fun, but there is massive monetary influence as a driving force behind it." I know we've all been turned off by all those photos of RJ on his private jet flights and luxurious yacht trips with Leonardo DiCaprio. We see you RJ! 😀
 
Posts
2,781
Likes
4,706
Some things stand the test of time, design classics by their very nature prove this, designs like the Rayban Aviator sunglasses and the Omega Speedmaster watch are indeed design classics. They share characteristics, form follows function, without frivolities like gimmicks or unnecessary adornments, they’re high quality, sturdy and well made.
Which is why they never seem to go out of style.
What’s wrong with buying something that will with care, last the wearer for many years and whist not at the leading edge of fashion, still able to hold it’s own with enduring style.
Not only is does this make such purchases more sensible with their enduring value, but in a disposable world where waste is increasingly being frowned upon, these design classics are more environmentally responsible too!

And seriously what’s so bloody hard about winding a watch?…… Have we become that lazy, weak and stupid?
 
Posts
1,912
Likes
2,928
You know, I’m starting to wonder if the Omega Forums crowd isn’t the target audience for this article…
 
Posts
3,259
Likes
23,336
His next blog post, “Omega fanbois go crazy when Moonwatch is criticized. Compares to Rolex.”
 
Posts
4,864
Likes
24,756
Me OMW to the OB to try on Speedies...

giphy.gif
 
Posts
3,259
Likes
23,336
Me OMW to the OB to try on Speedies...

giphy.gif
Wait a minute. You wear a Speedmaster while roller blading?! And while distracted by music? You’re just asking for trouble.
 
Posts
2,077
Likes
4,244
Wait a minute. You wear a Speedmaster while roller blading?! And while distracted by music? You’re just asking for trouble.

They are only grass-certified.
 
Posts
1,087
Likes
8,310
It's not an article... it's optimised content for driving search traffic. Or some other bullshit.

"Executive Editor " read - one editor in a team of one... self promotion at its finest.

I love my speedmaster, the hesalite crystal, the MANUAL wind, the dial texture and depth, the twisted lugs that 'fool' the eye into thinking they come to a sharp point, the legibility (I'm not getting any younger), etc, etc. However this is my opinion, just mine, we're all entitled to them, and so is Matthew, just a shame its wrong😁
 
Posts
1,802
Likes
10,157
Unlike Rolex watches, you can actually go to an Omega Boutique and walk out with a Speedmaster. Try finding a Rolex Submariner at a Rolex boutique.
 
Posts
6,700
Likes
79,909
Unlike Rolex watches, you can actually go to an Omega Boutique and walk out with a Speedmaster. Try finding a Rolex Submariner at a Rolex boutique.
Omega ADs too! 👍

Omega AD purchased 3861 indicated by red circle below…and the Omega AD didn’t even mind that I parked my Honda Monkey directly outside their front door! 👍

 
Posts
2,077
Likes
4,244
Omega ADs too! 👍

Omega AD purchased 3861 indicated by red circle below…and the Omega AD didn’t even mind that I parked my Honda Monkey directly outside their front door! 👍


Is that the KoP store or do they all just look alike?
 
Posts
6,700
Likes
79,909
Is that the KoP store or do they all just look alike?
Not the KoP store…Richter & Phillips Co. store in downtown Cincinnati, OH.
 
Posts
277
Likes
409
His next blog post, “Omega fanbois go crazy when Moonwatch is criticized. Compares to Rolex.”

One time, on a more generic watch forum, I dared to criticize RoRex AD sales tactics.. Rarely in my life have I seen so much venom and bile thrown my way... mostly by children wearing adult's clothing...
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,375
One time, on a more generic watch forum, I dared to criticize RoRex AD sales tactics.. Rarely in my life have I seen so much venom and bile thrown my way... mostly by children wearing adult's clothing...
There are many stories about how easy it is to get banned over at the Rolex Forum for violating protocol. Here, you really have to work at it. We’re just more fun than they are. 😁