Forums Latest Members

Omega 1170 bracelet - a revered classic or overrated?

1. OmegaRolex Jun 5, 2018

I purchased this old 1170 bracelet and have been wearing it with my "Deep Blue" Seamaster 120 for the past couple of months. It doesn't actually fit the watch that well, and the bracelet itself is poorly designed and cheap feeling. The smallest micro adjustment hole cannot actually fit the pin due to the inverted logo stamped into the clasp, lol!

I purchased this bracelet along with 634 endlinks knowing that this is the correct configuration for my watch. However, the bracelet wears very loose on my 7.5 inch wrist and cannot be adjusted any smaller.

I defer to the OF vintage Omega experts: is there something I'm missing about this bracelet? Is it overrated junk, or should I stow it away for safekeeping and wear my "Deep Blue" solely on natos and other aftermarket options?

IMG_6731.JPG IMG_6732.JPG IMG_6749.JPG IMG_6757.JPG

2. JSal16 Jun 5, 2018

All I know is that that diver is pinkie worthy! :thumbsup:

Pun likes this.
  3. OmegaRolex Jun 5, 2018

Thanks, but do you have any comment or experience with the 1170 bracelet?

4. JSal16 Jun 5, 2018

Nope. Sorry!

5. wsfarrell Jun 5, 2018

That bracelet looks pretty good on that watch to me. You can remove links to adjust it smaller. Vintage bracelets are often lighter and almost always looser (from wear), but I enjoy them for they authenticity they confer. THIS is what it looked and felt like to wear THIS watch back THEN.

6. OmegaRolex Jun 6, 2018

It's already adjusted to the smallest and still feels loose. I guess I'm much more used to the 1450 bracelet.

7. maitreya Oct 23, 2018

If you want to sell it let me know, I am looking for a 1170 for my Memomatic.
    David

8. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Oct 23, 2018

In the "80's, I threw away the 1170 on my 145.020 because I found it uncomfortable and not that attractive.

I agree with everything you say but I warn that I sorely regret breaking up the original "set".

Wear whatever you like, but I would hang on to that 1170. It is hard to find, will appreciate in value and always will be in demand.

Hell, you got an offer already! I'm looking for one, too!

marco likes this.
  9. Sherbie Oct 23, 2018

You need to remove some links, not move the pins

Also the clasp should be in the middle of your lower wrist - your photo shows the clasp waaay offff to one side, not the middle

Try this, and then report back, as you cant have a big heavy watch like this swinging around on a loose fitting bracelet

OmegaRolex and Pun like this.
  10. Magnix Oct 24, 2018

And then you wear it on a leather strap? :O

UncleBuck likes this.
  11. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Oct 24, 2018

Nice avatar @Magnix!
    I actually wore it on a twist-o-flex for a short while, then into the sock drawer it went for 35 years.
    Upon resurrection, I started with a strap but then @JimInOz and his Lady procured an Omega shark mesh for me from the other side of the world, a favor I won't forget and one you could only expect here from fine people like them.

I doubt I'll ever take the mesh off, I absolutely love it!

I hesitate to post pictures as the regulars have seen it a hundred times or so......but if you insist.

IMGP3708 smaller.jpg

IMGP4062-1.jpg

12. Magnix Oct 24, 2018

Very nice! And very sharp case from what I see on the pictures.

I have a 145.016 (my Avatar) and also a 145.020 like yours.. mine has a white chrono hand. Will post some pictures soon :D

13. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 24, 2018

Never get tired of seeing that one Jimbo.

::love::

UncleBuck likes this.
  14. JamieG Oct 25, 2018

I didn’t notice it initially but looking closely I agree. It needs at least one link, possibly two taking out of the 12 o’clock side. Then move the 6 o’clock side back to the end of the clasp. That should be a nice fit.

They’re really comfortable once you get them right imo.