Forums Latest Members
  1. scapa Sep 19, 2019

This is an amazing thread. I've never seen an FOIS in person at an AD here in Canada, but plan to seek one out. Love the Speedy Pro but find it a bit bulky on my small wrists -- and I think I prefer the FOIS case shape and crown.

Edited Sep 22, 2019
  2. lpestre Oct 5, 2019

Thanks for this. I would have never noticed a few of these differences.

3. SpeedieNovice Oct 5, 2019

They're both wonderful but has anyone gravitated from the FOIS to the Pro? Thinking of doing this, not that I don't love my FOIS....

4. engben Oct 12, 2019

What’s your wrist size as I am potentially thinking about doing this as well.

SpeedieNovice likes this.
  5. SpeedieNovice Oct 13, 2019

Wrist size is.... relatively slender.

6. goyoneuff Mar 13, 2020

Best comparison I have seen from any kind of watch.... very useful, to the point, and not BS ! Cheers ! Actually, I am going to print the 1st picture and use it with my kids to do "find the difference" game ! LOL

Cheers,

Brother G.

munichblue likes this.
  7. brownwld Mar 20, 2020

I’ve only now discovered this comparison and it is great! I am seriously considering the FOIS. They seem to go for nice prices at the moment.

8. Candle00 Apr 5, 2020

As someone pondering this decision, this is a tremendous resource. I can't wait for this whole Coronavirus thing to pass so I can visit the AD and try on both.

watch3s likes this.
  9. ckhaing Aug 9, 2021

That bugs me for a while, because my 1861 speedmaster professional dial has 5 indexes per second while the chrono seconds hand ticks 6 per seconds = 3 Hz = 21,600 bph.

HOWEVER, that scale is actually easier when documenting the elapsed time in HH:MM:SS.ss format. The chrono seconds will instantly register the nearest 0.02 second resolution.

On the FOIS, with 3 indexes per second on dial, chrono seconds hand ticks 6 per seconds, a perfect match, but need some mental calculation to convert to decimals of a second time.

kkt likes this.
  10. torakiki1979 Aug 10, 2021

i love the FOIS w nato strap or jb champion

11. Chris911 Oct 8, 2021

Excellent comparo. I have both watches. Actually just received my FOIS today. I love it. Both are different, and both work on my 7.25" wrist quite well. The FOIS is slightly more slender and therefore more refined, at least to my eye. The Pro is a workhorse and looks tougher and slightly beefier. I can wear the FOIS on a Nato and it looks the business. I prefer my watches on Nato's and bracelets. I am going to buy a Forstner flat as they make one in 19MM specifically for the FOIS. It's going to look incredible. I love both watches for their differences. You just can't go wrong.

DoctorEvil likes this.
  12. DoctorEvil Oct 8, 2021

Welcome and congrats on your FOIS. Love mine as well. I've got mine on a Forstner flat link too and it just rocks.
    PXL_20210827_054221414.jpg

PS- Don't forget to post pics on this thread too, together with your LE number :)
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/first-omega-in-space-2012-speedmaster-fois-roll-call.550/

ckhaing likes this.
  13. Chris911 Oct 8, 2021

Super cool. Any chance I could see more of the bracelet and the end link connection to the watch? It looks awesome. Did you even consider the all brushed bracelet by chance? I have been looking at it, but in keeping with the original intent, I'd have to agree that the polished sides is the way to run, in this case.

I'll also ck out the other site you listed and provide my info there. Best

14. DoctorEvil Oct 8, 2021

Sure thing. Hope this helps:
    PXL_20211009_013414119.jpg

I didn't even consider the bracelet with all brushed links. Just personal preference. I feel the bracelet with polished links integrates better with the highly polished lugs of the FOIS. Also, I believe the bracelet with polished links is more historically correct as the original Omega flat link was similar. There's actually a very useful thread comparing the Forstner, Uncle Seiko and vintage Omega flat link:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/ome...tnerbands-flatlink-a-pictorial-review.120591/

15. Chris911 Oct 8, 2021

Yes, That looks right on the money. Thanks. I just noticed that the lug polish runs from the top through the angle, so the tie in to the Forstner end link is beautiful. I'm pulling the trigger on that one. Thank you for the pic. I will ck out the bracelet thread and will enjoy it as my bedtime reading... CheeRS

DoctorEvil likes this.
  16. mbp Dec 31, 2021

Thank you for this comparison. Love the side-by side comparisons.

17. Travelller Jan 6, 2022

Great comparison review and as perfect a resource today as when you originally posted it :thumbsup: