Forums Latest Members
  1. Rockmastermike Oct 11, 2015

Both are superb in their own right.

This is not meant as a competition but merely a comparison.
    Both are worthy and should be appreciated on their own and either suffer only by direct comparison.

Bottom line: one is not better than the other - both stand on their own merit and on what each represent, respectively.
    The 3570 is more tool and can be dressed down with is stark white hands while the FOIS can be dressed up better with it's polished chrome dagger hands.

The FOIS does wear slightly smaller but the heights are identical.

And of course the 3570 has hesalite and the FOIS with sapphire crystal. For me, the crystals fit each watch. I would not want sapphire on my moonwatch and after wearing the FOIS a few days, I would not want hesalite on it - the sapphire works just as well on the FOIS as the hesalite works on the 3570.

[​IMG]

First - the obvious. Straight lugs on the FOIS and twisted lugs for the 3570

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next is the chrono hand - again, straight on the FOIS while the 3570 features a lured diamond tip

[​IMG]

Raised logo on the FOIS and the printed logo on the 3570. Also "Professional" on the 3570 dial and less text on the FOIS

[​IMG]

Casebacks: We all know and love the 3570 while the FOIS proudly displays the Seahorse and the Date of the Wally Schirra space mission

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now on to some of the subtle differences:

The 3570 is 42 and the FOIS hits at 39.7mm - the bezel overlaps the case of the FOIS while the 3570 case extends beyond the case

[​IMG]

The 3570 has built in crown guards while the FOIS goes old school with none:

[​IMG]

From underneath - note the difference in the size of the crowns and pushers, too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 5 minute lume parkers are different: shorter and fatter on the 3570 and longer and thinner on the FOIS. Also note there are fewer minute makers on the FOIS. To me this gives the FOIS a more "refined" look

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The printed numbers on the FOIS chrono sub-dials are also slightly more refined being the same font but a little thinner.
    Note how the markers on the 3570 extend into the recessed area but the FOIS markers stop on the "edge"

[​IMG]

Well, there you have it.

Timetron, Travelller, crd and 80 others like this.
  2. ReturnOfUltraman Oct 11, 2015

Looking good Mike! That FOIS seems familiar...

RRMagyar and Rockmastermike like this.
  3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 11, 2015

Very cool breakdown! Thanks for the share.

4. Audley Yung Oct 11, 2015

great comparison, still prefer the 3570.50 though

Rbucs, 007007007 and Rockmastermike like this.
  5. Rockmastermike Oct 11, 2015

Thanks guys, I wasn't too keen on the FOIS until I tried it on and then I was completely overwhelmed
    The 3570 above is my 3rd so I kinda like those, too!

ckhaing, watch3s and Rbucs like this.
  6. Moonwatch78 Oct 12, 2015

This is so helpful to me (my thread FOIS or Vintage) and I'm sure lots of others. Such a great forum with helpful and wise heads. Thanks!

7. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Oct 12, 2015

Thanks for this. I would have never noticed a few of these differences.

waterproofpt and Rockmastermike like this.
  8. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Oct 14, 2015

Great comparison! You have given me evidence for a preference I have already made: make mine a 3570!

Rockmastermike likes this.
  9. Rockmastermike Oct 14, 2015

Thanks again, everyone.....I admit the FOIS has been taking wrist time away from my 3570 when I go for a chrono from the box. might be time to find a new home for the 3570.

Ssunnylee24 likes this.
  10. Peppe Oct 18, 2015

Thanks for the detailed comparison! Never seen it in such detail before.

I wanted a "normal' Speedy pro before, but after trying it on my narrow wrist I simply had to skip that. It was simply too bulky. Then the FOIS came along and I just fell in love. :) In my world it looks better than the Pro and it fits smaller wrists. I believe lug to lug is a bit shorter??

Eve likes this.
  11. JeffR Dec 24, 2015

Your comparison has all the information I need to make that big decision, but it's still so tough. My wife-to-be is buying me a watch as a wedding gift for me. The Tudor Black Bay 'Black' was my watch of choice until I tried on the FOIS and I was hooked on the Speedmaster.

I think both the FOIS and the 3570 feel pretty great on my wrist (slight edge to the FOIS) and each have dial features I somewhat prefer over the other (alpha minute and hour on the FOIS vs the diamond chrono hand ON THE 3570) which doesn't make the decision any easier!
    The deciding factor is going to be the iconic nature of the 3570 vs the better look of the FOIS on my smaller wrist.

First world problems....

watch3s, fskywalker and Kofosu like this.
  12. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Dec 29, 2015

The comparison text and photographs are first class and I like the post all the more because in my reading of it, the 3570 emerges as just that bit more desirable and, surprise, surprise, it's a 3570 I own.

13. Lew Archer Jan 2, 2016

Great comparison. Love both watches...

14. blubarb Jan 2, 2016

Agree, great side by side comparison. a shame they didn't creat a DoN bezel?
    nah.. a WIS problem.

Edited Nov 26, 2016
  15. Ramses Jan 3, 2016

Great comparison!
    What did you use for the macro shots? iPhone with Macro lens or something else?

16. jpo Jan 3, 2016

A very Well done comparison! I tried on a FOIS, the dealer just called it a "speed master", and immediately noticed things were different with the hands, and then realized it was a FOIS. With that said once it was on my wrist, I really liked it. Very nice fit on the wrist without a doubt. The applied logo is great, no crown guards and the kind of straight-ish lugs are nicely done. I'm surprised they popped a sapphire chrystal rather than Hesalite. Overall, it is a nicely done execution and I think someone who finds a Moonwatch speedy a little too bulky on the wrist, would find this to be the bees knees/kittens pajamas. :)

waterproofpt likes this.
  17. Clancy Eccles Jul 26, 2016

Any recommendations on best place to buy a new FOIS?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

18. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 26, 2016

They come up for sale on the forum occasionally. Keep a look-out!

19. alam Jul 26, 2016

@Kringkily may be able to help...

20. Clancy Eccles Jul 27, 2016

Thanks! I bought my Sapphire sandwich from him.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk