First vintage watch. Ebay impulse buy 145.006 Cal. 321

Hi everyone,

New to the forum, but have read a lot of threads on here over the last few months. I purchased a Seamaster Chrono on eBay this weekend. It was sort of an impulse buy because I really liked the look and it has a 321 movement. It looks like it has speedmaster hands, well worn bracelet, and has been polished some in the past. What do you guys think? Is it worth trying to chase down the correct hands or should I just let it ride as is? I have a Seamaster Diver 300m that I daily and this will go nicely with it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/276296796226

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Best to include screenshots. Links disappear. I'll give you this one.

Screen Shot 2024-01-30 at 7.54.34 PM.png

Unfortunately The dial is a reprint.
Thats unfortunate. I may consider returned it if that is the case, if it even makes it through the authentication process.

Thats unfortunate. I may consider returned it if that is the case, if it even makes it through the authentication process.
Ebay authentication is a useless waste of money and time.

Maybe to some. In this case it was free. When I purchased my modern seamaster it was 20 dollars. I think it was worth it.

Ebay authentication is a useless waste of money and time.

@SOG53 :)

Yes - the subdials on this variation should have a radial configuration :)
Only Exotic variation (and Soccer) does not.

Kuvatõmmis 2024-01-31 145556.png

Thanks for sharing! I am considering it for sure. We will see how the watch looks and runs if/ when I receive it. The listing said all original parts so maybe the seller will work with me a little. If they do it may be worth correcting the dial and hands when used parts become available. I know most will advise against it, but I may even have Omega do a complete service, this watch seems to be as good of a candidate as any.

Good pickup by @flqt-9000. I missed that.

Here is same watch for sale at fair price in Private sales forum here from OF Member and collector. Notice the different printing of subdials and T Swiss Made T

https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-seamaster-145-006-66-cal-321-3100-eur.163068/

I would return the one you bought and consider this one from good OF Member. I keep looking at this listing myself these are cool watches indeed

good luck

Yea I hear you and understand the general consensus around here. For 2200 buck it may be worth keeping, though. Hard to lose at that price. We will see how it runs. The look of a well worn watch nice, and that is present here. But the idea of a fully serviced refreshed cal 321 with waranty for 3300 bucks is also apealing.

If you really send it to Omega, then you’ll not have vintage watch anymore. Dial and hands will be service parts. And this dial does not belong here.

Omega service with dial replacement will cost about what you paid for watch. I think seller has return policy and if it was represented as all original that was incorrect and eBay will side with you and give refund. You dont need to rely on seller cooperation.
sending this one to Omega for expensive service is throwing good money after bad and you won’t recoup half what you invested if/ when you try to sell.
Sometimes it’s best to cash out and try again.

Thank you for all the resposes. I have that one on my watch list as well, but having the original 1116 bracelet was the selling point for me on the other I purchased. The bracelet adds some value for sure. My understanding is that they do not have service dials for this watch and will refinish the original dial, which is already refinished poorly. Do they charge extra for this? Ill let you all know what I decide to do once I receive the watch but will likely return it if the seller doesnt make consessions.

For 2200 buck it may be worth keeping, though. Hard to lose at that price.
This isn’t worth keeping. The case is over polished. The bracelet is too stretched/damaged to have meaningful value and I wouldn’t be confident wearing it. The dial is refinished & it has the wrong hands. It has an incorrect crown, (and possibly wrong pushers as they seem far too small).

You would be spending minimum $900 for Omega to service it, but that cost will only go up when they start replacing parts to correct it.
IMG_0752.jpeg

I mean, look at the listing description. The seller was so confident that everything about this watch is original ::facepalm2::
IMG_0753.jpeg

Returning it for a refund is the best way forward. You say you can’t lose at this price.. well you already have. You over paid. You’ll lose even more if you don’t return it/miss the window to return it, and your only way out of it is to sell at a loss.

If you are genuinely interested in this reference, do your homework. Chase a better example. Spending as much as you have on this poor one, only to invest more into correcting it is a sure way of losing more.
IMG_6979.jpeg

edited: typos
Edited:

Thanks for sharing your opinion. No I did not lose anything. Ebay will take care of it if I decide to return it. I am a top rated seller and do a lot of business on ebay so I know I am protected. $900 to service it would be fine, but it looks like big money to refinish the dial so I am leaning towards returning it. We will see once I have it in hand

I spoke to the seller and he offered a small concession, but not worth keeping at that cost. I will end up returning it.