eBay impulse buy

Posts
553
Likes
971
Well the title says it all. My immediate reaction is ooooops!!! But I don’t know, maybe it will be ok ish in person. Seller claims it runs and keeps good time despite the obvious water ingress seen from the movement and dial pics.
What do you guys think of my questionable purchase…
At least it was only 90 bucks US 😟
 
Posts
1,210
Likes
3,906
For $90, I'd say you did well. And I'm pretty sure I'll have a few blemishes at 75 yrs old...so embrace it!
 
Posts
553
Likes
971
For $90, I'd say you did well. And I'm pretty sure I'll have a few blemishes at 75 yrs old...so embrace it!
Haha thanks!
 
Posts
11,004
Likes
54,958
I like it has a little character if you could think of some unique patina name you may be able to flip it and get a Daytona or something of the like.
 
Posts
9,238
Likes
76,960
Well the title says it all. My immediate reaction is ooooops!!! But I don’t know, maybe it will be ok ish in person. Seller claims it runs and keeps good time despite the obvious water ingress seen from the movement and dial pics.
What do you guys think of my questionable purchase…
At least it was only 90 bucks US 😟
Looks a bit ‘billy no mates' on your table without a strap.
Give it some nice new shoes and post a wristie, it’ll look much better 😀
 
Posts
553
Likes
971
Looks a bit ‘billy no mates' on your table without a strap.
Give it some nice new shoes and post a wristie, it’ll look much better 😀
Thanks 😀
I will as soon as I receive it
 
Posts
3,272
Likes
14,212
What do you guys think of my questionable purchase…
After a sympathetic service, you'll have a robust and reliable vintage Tissot running on an in-house caliber 27-2. These workhorse movements were the mainstay of Tissot's manual-wind products from the late 1930s into the 1950s and went to war inside most of Lemania's ATP and WWW watches issued to Her Majesty's armed forces during WWII.

The hands, case, dial, and even the crown look completely original to me, so I say service it, strap it, and add your wrist shot to all of the other vintage Tissot impulse buys posted here:
https://omegaforums.net/threads/do-you-like-tissot-many-pics.58233/
https://omegaforums.net/threads/vintage-tissot.63179/
 
Posts
553
Likes
971
After a sympathetic service, you'll have a robust and reliable vintage Tissot running on an in-house caliber 27-2. These workhorse movements were the mainstay of Tissot's manual-wind products from the late 1930s into the 1950s and went to war inside most of Lemania's ATP and WWW watches issued to Her Majesty's armed forces during WWII.

The hands, case, dial, and even the crown look completely original to me, so I say service it, strap it, and add your wrist shot to all of the other vintage Tissot impulse buys posted here:
https://omegaforums.net/threads/do-you-like-tissot-many-pics.58233/
https://omegaforums.net/threads/vintage-tissot.63179/
Wow awesome thanks, I appreciate it!!
I was wondering about the originality of the hands and dial 😀