Forums Latest Members
  1. mr_yossarian Mar 16, 2019

Yes, whether it's in the range. You are aware of the later DNN bezel?

I personally would want to be sure about it, especially when paying an arm and a leg ( aka regular going price for a original one.. )

2. OMEGuy Mar 16, 2019

Enjoy your watch! It's a stunning piece, one of the nicest chocolate dials I've seen. :)

nonuffinkbloke likes this.
  3. Shawnnyang Mar 16, 2019

From what I understand, it’s correct for the straight writing models.

OMEGuy likes this.
  4. mr_yossarian Mar 16, 2019

It's a straight writing? with brown dial? And no orange chrono hand :)?
    Can we see the caseback?

kov likes this.
  5. mr_yossarian Mar 16, 2019

@OMEGuy. what's to like about a straight writing serial and a brown dial...please enlighten me.

BenBagbag likes this.
  6. queriver Mar 16, 2019

You have a beautiful dial. DON and DNN bezels are both correct for the SW.
    MWO has a photo (p301, 1st edn) of an Apollo XI SW with chocolate dial and what looks like a similar cappuccino colour lume on the dial and hands as the OPs watch.

Ree likes this.
  7. OMEGuy Mar 16, 2019

It's at least the rule that every watch that is liked by someone outrightly should be respected. And then the fact that we all know that strange things happened those days, especially concerning the Speedmaster... And yeah, the fact that I was told to be more moderate with my statements... You were one of the guys who told me. ;)

8. mr_yossarian Mar 16, 2019

..which might have inspired to let the second one in this range ever to be known to come to live..strange enough, anyone can believe what he fancies.
    The one in MWO belongs to Matteo Leoni if I am not mistaking, makes it somehow free of doubt but still..only 2 ever seen in the 31xxx Range.

9. mr_yossarian Mar 16, 2019

I asked you not to be moderate, but not to post bs. like you just did again. twice.

marco and kov like this.
  10. WYO_Watch Mar 16, 2019

Bezels are easy to take off. Putting them back in is a bit harder, but also nothing to fret about. Check this out: https://omegaforums.net/threads/watch-bezel-removal-tool-for-omega-speedmaster-watch.65872/

The beauty of this forum is that people offer free opinions and have aided hundreds of people from getting taken on a watch. Don’t take it personal if someone wants to make sure your Speedy falls into the correct serial number range or is curious as to the lume.

It’s a stellar piece though! I am super jealous, another member just picked up a great one for $5500 :eek: after he asked for some opinions and it had the wrong bezel. That was a super score

OMEGuy likes this.
  11. OMEGuy Mar 16, 2019

Thank you, Sir. Your comment is highly appreciated.

12. swish77 Mar 16, 2019

What a beautiful dial! Not sure about correctness/lume, etc .... but visually stunning!

I've stared at thousands of these dials through the years, and I've never seen lume that doesn't cover the hour makers in this manner. Also, the lume on the hands seems to be a little ragged. Does that matter? Not sure.

13. stefman Mar 16, 2019

What beautiful chocolate dial! Stunning!

...............Runs off to buy a chocolate bar :p

nonuffinkbloke and Mad Dog like this.
  14. Shawnnyang Mar 16, 2019

No offence taken in any way. I quite admire the skepticism and passion of this board and how precise people can be about these watches (lots to learn on my end).

I’m happy to follow up with the serial number on this watch and contribute this watch as a datapoint generally.

15. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Mar 16, 2019

Nerd Fight!! Glasses, tubas and light sabers OOhhh my!
    [​IMG]

Edited Mar 16, 2019
    JimJupiter, aap, chronoboy64 and 8 others like this.
  16. Shawnnyang Mar 16, 2019

I can’t I’ve stared at 1000s of speedys but have probably looked at 1000s of submariners and I’ve seen a great number with lumen markers that have shrunk within the hour markers (presumably from humidity or sun). The lume on the hands are 100 percent relumed (and disclosed to me as such).

Also, the pic I showed is blown up 3x from an iPhone. On the wrist, the space between the lume and the lines are almost imperceivable. I would be amazed at the precision of someone to apply lume this way so precisely that they can leave an uniform amount of space for every hour marker. And if they were really in the business of reluming, it would seem illogically to apply it in a meticulous way that is not true to the original.

But again, I can’t prove a negative and would piggy back my view on those of the seller who have seen more of these watches than most and handle them on a day to day basis.

17. Shawnnyang Mar 16, 2019

18. OMEGuy Mar 16, 2019

@mr_yossarian : Will you please enlighten us why a 'Straight Writing' Speedmaster would never have a DNN bezel and why the dial would never be a chocolate dial?

19. Shawnnyang Mar 16, 2019

This thread has taken a few interesting turns but just for the sake of learning about these watches myself, a quick google search seems to dispel how "unusual" it is to have lume within the hour markers? These are just quick screen grabs from Fratello watches.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OMEGuy and kingsrider like this.
  20. OMEGuy Mar 16, 2019

Some people say this watch must be wrong, because it has a DNN bezel. ;)