Forums Latest Members
  1. Shawnnyang Mar 16, 2019

I actually can't tell if your serious? I have no idea what bezels are supposed to go on those watches. Just making the point that my watch isn't some kind of unicorn in having lume within the hash lines.

2. mr_yossarian Mar 16, 2019

I referred to a chocolate dial, not to the caseback, hence my question for serial and DNN. Seems to be too complicated for some to comprehend why that makes sense.

3. OMEGuy Mar 16, 2019

As I have said before: This is a beautiful watch! :thumbsup:

I was referring to a previous post, where somebody stated that DNN bezels didn't exist on early 70's Speedies, which I believe is wrong.

Knowing the regular price level of DB I'm convinced you paid arm and leg, but no worries, they'll grow back again within the next couple of years, while the value of Speedies keeps climbing.

Well done and thank you for sharing! :)

4. OMEGuy Mar 16, 2019

You should try to make it more understandable for us. Since I am obviously not able to follow you, many others might be as well.

Do you have any sources, pictures or anything else you refer to?

5. mr_yossarian Mar 16, 2019

The "Us" you are referring to must be somewhere outside of here and yes, I noticed on a couple occasions you have difficulties to follow, but also are confident most others can. Keep asking, you can grow.

kov likes this.
  6. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Mar 16, 2019

[​IMG]

stefman, gdupree, M'Bob and 3 others like this.
  7. OMEGuy Mar 16, 2019

Just for comparison:

this is a unicorn:

[​IMG]

8. swish77 Mar 16, 2019

Sure, old tritium can shrink, but I guess my point was that it's so uniform in its shrinkage on this dial. Usually you see the hour-marker paint peeking out from under the tritium on a couple or several of hour markers in an inconsistent manner. However, let me stress I am not suggesting anything definitively, of course. Have you shined a UV/blacklight on the dial/hands?

9. alam Mar 16, 2019

forget about bezels and dials! I'm looking forward the Round 4, 5, ... Ladies that follow up! :)

NOTSHARP, PhotonX, Mad Dog and 2 others like this.
  10. OMEGuy Mar 16, 2019

Once again, thank you, Sir!

Any answers on my questions are highly appreciated.

::popcorn::

NOTSHARP and MaiLollo like this.
  11. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Mar 16, 2019

Edited Mar 16, 2019
    OMEGuy likes this.
  12. OMEGuy Mar 16, 2019

13. Dan S Mar 16, 2019

I think that @mr_yossarian's questions are pretty reasonable, even if they aren't always stated in the most collegial way. Everything may be as it seems, and perhaps it is just an uncommon situation. But since it's quite unusual to see a dial like this with a SW case-back, it would be nice to see the serial so that the OP can be certain that everything matches up.

14. mr_yossarian Mar 16, 2019

My questions are aimed to help the owner of this particular watch, in a collegial way. And are ment to be answered by him, not a random postarmer..or shall say Postfarter?
    They are reasonable and neccessary, right you are and you understand why I ask and what I asked for, like most here.
    there could be 2 ways something is wrong, if.

Unfortunately some people postfarm randomly, chatter usless stuff, post the most commonly known articles from the internet across any thread they find.
    A collegial manner would be: stay away if you don't have a clue..or as recommended before: read, learn, ask. I follow this, most others here too.

Edited Mar 16, 2019
  15. OMEGuy Mar 16, 2019

I like your post, because you are willing to drive in the right direction.

I have got the impression that on this forum some (maybe newer) members, who know something, are in the line of fire, while experienced members with 1k or more posts can say whatever they want, may it be wrong or right, without being criticized for every single wrong word.

16. OMEGuy Mar 16, 2019

Any answers to my questions?

17. mr_yossarian Mar 16, 2019

Wrong feeling. A Troll with one post is as annoying as one with 1000 Posts. But congrats, you managed to collect more pointless posts with this profile than with any of your previous ones. Let's see how far you get this time .

You wanted any answer, here it is.

18. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Mar 16, 2019

[​IMG]

alam, aap, stefman and 4 others like this.
  19. ATWG Mar 16, 2019

Can we please get back to the question at hand? None of this is productive. I for one am curious to find out the serial # as well. Additionally, anyone else see lume like this? Per my previous post, lume on my tropical looks nothing like the OP.

DiiQue, OMEGuy and mr_yossarian like this.
  20. OMEGuy Mar 16, 2019

Are you ok?

While I still don't understand you, I don't know why SW Speedies shouldn't have a DNN bezel and why a chocolate dial is impossibly to be found on an early 70's Speedmaster.