First purchase advice

Hello all,

I am currently looking to buy myself my first vintage watch. I have found a Lemania and an Omega which both appeal to me but I would love some advice on which would be the best buy and whether they are genuine. I have read through a lot of these forums and from my research, they both appear genuine. However I am definitely no expert so would love some additional opinions if anyone can help. There is no movement picture of the Lemania as the seller states they don't have the tool to open the case, which somewhat concerns me.

Pictures attached. Thanks!

Price helps us help you.....

What is the size of the Lemania, it looks tiny.
Yep, it is small. The measurements aren't listed but they are both women's watches. (Which is what I'm after)

Yep, it is small. The measurements aren't listed but they are both women's watches. (Which is what I'm after)

OK, that's good to know. Sorry for my assumption, 99.9% of the members here are men. In that case, the Lemania is more appealing to me personally. Both have plated cases, which I try to avoid, because they are often damaged.

I’ll venture a guess that while many on this forum can gauge the quality of a women’s watch most of their focus has been on men’s watches. The nice thing about women’s watches is that they are plentiful and can be relatively inexpensive.

I’ve bought a few in the hope of getting my wife into collecting (no such luck) and I’ve found that many sellers will accept significantly lower offers than starting/buy it now prices on eBay.

I can’t gauge the authenticity/quality of the two watches above but if you like them I wouldn’t hesitate to try and buy them. Most of the vintage women’s watches (omegas) Ive purchased have been for under 100 USD, they simply don’t have the market/resale men’s watches do.

Edit: just checked my eBay history, last women’s watch I bought was the one on the left for $50 in 2018.
upload_2020-6-26_21-37-21.jpeg
Edited:

Prices should be about half that for ladies watches.

If you got the Lemania for around the $100 mark you would be good.

As mentioned you are spoiled for choice and price without competition for ladies watches compared to men’s watches

eBay and any local watch repair store will have more inexpensive and, likely, better choices

Thanks guys. I should've indicated from the start they were women's watches. I'm glad I posted before purchasing. I'll keep an eye out for lower prices and consider making an offer on the Lemania.

Thanks guys. I should've indicated from the start they were women's watches. I'm glad I posted before purchasing. I'll keep an eye out for lower prices and consider making an offer on the Lemania.

Share any pics of your finds for second opinions

I bought a nice women’s watch at a local pawn shop for $15. Gave it to my cousin who has been wearing it ever since.

upload_2020-6-26_23-49-22.jpeg

If either of those you really really want, don't be afraid of the prices. These collectors are willing to wait a decade to find a watch.

I'm not a fan of the Omega but that Lemania is a definite find, they are a lot more rare.