Forums Latest Members

First Omega In Space (2012 Speedmaster) FOIS, Roll Call

1. Peppe Oct 15, 2015

Good luck with the hunt! It is a stunning watch that if you ask me looks a lot better than the "standard" Proffessional model. I wear mine on a whiskey horween shell cordovan strap and loving it.

2. Lew Archer Oct 16, 2015

[​IMG]

It's one of my favorites, simply magnificent.

3. usfpaul82 Nov 6, 2015

Just picked up 3193. I really love this watch. It is the perfect Speedy for me.

image.jpeg
    Duracuir1, bristnj, TJH and 5 others like this.
  4. usfpaul82 Dec 3, 2015

I had a custom strap made for my FOIS to preserve the original. I wanted it very similar in appearance to the OEM. This one was made using vintage cali saddle leather, I think it turned out great!

[​IMG]

Duracuir1, tunokies, bristnj and 7 others like this.
  5. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 3, 2015

I love mine. In terms of differences, one should add that the facets on the sides of the lugs are much more prominent on the FOIS than the original straight-lug Speedys. Also, the only alpha hand on the subdials is on the running seconds. Different, and I like the effect.

A couple of months ago I acquired this 60s JB Champion bracelet for it, and think it's perfect (and so comfortable with the mesh).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Thanh Hoang Dec 10, 2015

Hi everyone, I just pick up a new FOIS numberred 4118 which is said to be made in 2013.

Everything is ok however my chronograph is running constantly. Is it normal? When I push pusher A, the second hand stops but the sub second hand still runs. When I push pusher A again, the second hand then runs again along with the sub second hand. Pusher B resets the minute and hour sub hands but the sub second still runs.

7. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 10, 2015

Hi there,

The running seconds subdial is part of the time keeping. The chrono is made up of the large seconds hand and the hour and minute subdial.

In other words, your watch is working as it should. The seconds subdial will not stop with the chrono.

8. Thanh Hoang Dec 10, 2015

Ahhh I see, thank you very much!

9. npthaiduong Dec 19, 2015

I like your strap. Can you share with us where and which model you bought? I really want to pick one up for my upcoming FOIS.

10. usfpaul82 Dec 21, 2015

I got this made by DrewStraps. A custom maker based in California. You can find him on Instagram using #drewstraps. That's the only way that I know of. He does absolutely stellar work.

11. npthaiduong Dec 23, 2015

Is it possible that you can share with us how much you paid for that strap? I couldn't find contact info for the strap maker guy on Instagram.

12. olazy Dec 26, 2015

#3900 checking in, first omega and loving it.

IMG_20151222_164630.jpg
    Duracuir1, alam, KstateSkier and 2 others like this.
  13. npthaiduong Dec 26, 2015

How thich is it on your wrist? It looks really thick in the pictures, so I am not sure how it fits as a dress watch for me.

14. Peppe Dec 26, 2015

I wear mine on a very nice whiskey coloured shell cordovan strap regularly with a shirt/suit. No problem at all getting it to slide in easily under the cuff. Does great as a dress watch if you ask me. Wore mine for my own wedding two weeks ago and had no complaints on that [emoji6]

15. olazy Dec 26, 2015

I have a really small wrist which is probably why it looks big.

16. Peppe Dec 26, 2015

Same for me... about 6 1/4 inch or 16 cm... but it works great. That is the reason why I went for a FOIS instead of the "regular" Pro... and I think it looks better, but that is another story [emoji4]

17. olazy Dec 26, 2015

Same here, the 42mm pro would be too big for me

18. abrod520 Dec 26, 2015

Truth is, all Speedmasters really only wear as large as their bezels. The Pro case is 42mm but the bezel is closer to 39-40. There's not much visual difference, size-wise, between a vintage straight-lug and a Pro - and even the modern Dark Sides wear much smaller than their 44mm size. My advice would be to go try it on next to a regular Pro and see which one speaks to you more.

19. alam Dec 26, 2015

I would not put the FOIS in the "dress watch" category, that's of course IMHO; for me this one goes better with a more casual, sport attire type of look.

Peppe and npthaiduong like this.
  20. npthaiduong Dec 26, 2015

I somehow agree with you. I am thinking about getting a vintage Omega for my dress watch need, like the Geneve models.

Peppe likes this.