Few questions about the 3861 Speedmaster

Was never drawn to the Speedy or chronos for that matter, even after trying a 2018 model on at the AD some years back. Earlier today was at my AD and tried on the new 3861 Sapphire Speedy just for ****s and wow, absolute game changer. I cannot believe how comfortable it was, how well it fit size wise, and how gorgeous it was in person. I've been obsessed with dive watches since I was 7 years old and today the new Speedy may have given me second thoughts. Not trying to sound dramatic but I was speechless after I put it on.

1. Why is there a $1200ish difference in the Hesalite vs Sapphire?
2. Other than the price, hesalite/sapphire, the applied dial vs stepped dial/painted logo, what other differences between the two 3861's are there?
3. Which model do you prefer?

Was looking at a Hulk, Laureato, or Fifty Fathoms as my next piece but this shot to #1.

Was never drawn to the Speedy or chronos for that matter, even after trying a 2018 model on at the AD some years back. Earlier today was at my AD and tried on the new 3861 Sapphire Speedy just for ****s and wow, absolute game changer. I cannot believe how comfortable it was, how well it fit size wise, and how gorgeous it was in person. I've been obsessed with dive watches since I was 7 years old and today the new Speedy may have given me second thoughts. Not trying to sound dramatic but I was speechless after I put it on.

2. Other than the price, hesalite/sapphire, the applied dial vs stepped dial/painted logo, what other differences between the two 3861's are there?

Was looking at a Hulk, Laureato, or Fifty Fathoms as my next piece but this shot to #1.

I purchased a Sapphire model because I wanted a no-fuss watch for everyday wear, and I already own vintage Speedmasters with hesalite crystals. I also liked the AML, polished bracelet links, and exhibition caseback present on the sapphire model.
Main Shot.JPG AML Sharp.JPG

that 3861 sapphire is probably overall the best watch we can buy under $7k true market price among any brand i believe (maybe there are some seiko as good or better i am not aware around that price range), no matter what the selling story about moon/space stories and prior versions 321/861/1861 are relevant to this reference or not. it is simply a well made watch on its own, does not need the shadow of prior releases for its strengths

where the price difference between sapphire and plastic crystal version is reasonable is up to the manufacturer's finial decision maker, and that $1.2k does not make sense within my logic

.................. .

1. Most probably, it's because sapphire manufacturing costs are much higher.
2. The all matte bracelet on the hesalite one and the matte/polished on the sapphire one.
3. My personal preference would be the hesalite.

1. Most probably, it's because sapphire manufacturing costs are much higher.
2. The all matte bracelet on the hesalite one and the matte/polished on the sapphire one.
3. My personal preference would be the hesalite.
Dont forget the display back as well. I just purchased mine from authorized.this watch is one of the most comfort ones I’ve worn. I really like it. I purchased a 3861 with hesalite crystal. Great enhancements from the 1861. I had a Daytona which I gave to my son. It didn’t wear as well, a friend commented that it was the most comfortable watches in his collection.

From afar the only discernable difference is the bracelet links so save yourself some cash and go with the historical option. Hesalite all the way.

I bought this watch last week, my first Omega, and it is very comfortable to wear and sharp looking ! I went with the Hesalite option.