A few questions about the Seamaster 752 movement

Posts
521
Likes
261
Good afternoon all. I'm looking for a little information on the Omega Seamaster automatic 752 day date . I'm Looking at getting a second movement for parts to fix my damaged one. My question is are all 752 movements the same in parts / size. And or if any others movements that are compatible with the 752. Like a balance wheel form a different cal. Thanks any help is much appreciated.
 
Posts
30,187
Likes
77,936
The 750 series is based on the 550/560 series. Many of the basic parts will be the same, but some not obviously due to the calendar.

If you are getting another 752, just look at your movement and in the Omega symbol on the bridge, there will be a number - just get the same number and all the parts will be compatible.
 
Posts
521
Likes
261
Ok so say I need a balance wheel. Which I do can't find any on the 752 movements or parts
If I search 550/560 that part will fit on my 752 ? And if I need something on the day date side just need to find a 550/560 day date and it'll fit my 752 day date ??
 
Posts
30,187
Likes
77,936
Ok so say I need a balance wheel. Which I do can't find any on the 752 movements or parts
If I search 550/560 that part will fit on my 752 ? And if I need something on the day date side just need to find a 550/560 day date and it'll fit my 752 day date ??

Balance wheel is the same for 550, 560, and 750 series. When you get to calendar parts, that's where there are likely to be differences.
 
Posts
521
Likes
261
Balance wheel is the same for 550, 560, and 750 series. When you get to calendar parts, that's where there are likely to be differences.

Okay thankyou much appreciated.
 
Posts
13,489
Likes
31,802
750, 751 and 752 would have the same calendar components.
 
Posts
201
Likes
59
750, 751 and 752 would have the same calendar components.
What would be the differences between these then other than the number of jewels in the 750?
Is the 751 and 752 parts list the same or are there any specific differences please?
 
Posts
13,489
Likes
31,802
752 and 751 are the same only the 751 is chronometer rated.