Forums Latest Members

F2F sale that went wrong (news story)

1. JwRosenthal May 21, 2020

Just avoid people with large bulges in the wrong places ;)

2. SkunkPrince May 21, 2020

And yet when you buy some range time and they ask what you're shooting, "45 automatic", they seem to hush up.

At least around here. :D

3. Eric304 May 21, 2020

::facepalm2::

Syrte, kkt and JwRosenthal like this.
  4. valkyrie_rider May 21, 2020

If you like shooting .45acp, you should one of this days try a HK USP Expert.

The damn thing is crazy precise and it is pretty soft shooting thanks to its recoil spring:
    expert01.jpeg

5. JwRosenthal May 21, 2020

Oh, get your mind out of the gutter-
    I was talking about this
    BA673990-9B32-4C24-B628-ED08A873444F.jpeg
    ;)

Uniqez and larryganz like this.
  6. SkunkPrince May 21, 2020

I shot a SIG .45ACP some decades ago but I have to tell you that the 1911 fits my hands so well that I won't search for another.

7. pIoNeErOfThEnILe May 21, 2020

this would have never of happened if it was a squale

Dsloan, ZIELSZIEK and Bill Sohne like this.
  8. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion May 21, 2020

I can think of a few members here that would bring [swearing] action figures with guns to a watch deal...see the Hasbro guns in the blue circles below...

485A69C2-FF9B-4B55-9EB4-53EA39B1338F.jpeg

Edited May 22, 2020
    M'Bob, vbrad26, Uniqez and 1 other person like this.
  9. asrnj77 May 22, 2020

I would rather avoid the guy who seems to have empty pockets (devoid of said cash to buy the watch). :D

My concern isn’t the armed guy looking to sell his watch in the OC, it’s the guy who planned a theft prior to the meeting. The seller was lucky (as was everybody standing nearby) that the thief didn’t bring his own gun.

10. larryganz The cable guy May 22, 2020

My son and I both carry the P365, and for Christmas I did the manual safety conversion for his, at his request. We like it so much that I plan to do the same with mine. I've been carrying for enough years (since 1993) that it's seamless for me to transition from my Glock 19 to my Sig P229 DA/SA with de-cocker and back to my Sig P365. I do mostly only carry a striker fired pistol or a S&W snub nose revolver lately.

I just like the idea of the additional safety factor for when I do pocket carry in a pocket holster, so I don't shoot myself in the leg when I'm drawing my pistol out of the holster while in my front pants pocket. It can be tricky getting a pistol out of a pocket holster in a panic, such as when emergently needing a gun, without getting a finger in the trigger guard as you try to get a proper grip on it for firearm retention.

In practice with no ammo I have never pulled the trigger doing a fast draw, but getting a proper grip where you wont drop the pistol as you pull it from the holster practically requires putting your finger in the hot zone. And the gun range wont allow quick draw from a pocket holster with a loaded firearm, so it's hard to perfect the technique.

But the manual safety could also be helpful if I were to become disarmed and in the heat of the moment the bad guy couldn't shoot me with my own gun before I got away because he wasn't familiar with the safety. I've trained with carrying a Kimber Compact CDP II in 45ACP (1911 style single action with safety) but stopped carrying that style of weapon about 10 years ago because other members of my family didn't want to learn about "cocked and locked" and at most could remember to point and shoot.

demchocholips likes this.
  11. Uniqez May 22, 2020

I would say it should be mandatory for gun owners to have a membership in gun club and have constant practice. There is no magic here, just the mater of practicing.
    Just an example. I have lot of colleagues from Texas. Most of the time they are visiting the office, we would go to the gun club and shoot. These guys,man.... I'm telling you, practice makes huge difference. So before all this Covid things, I was able to go at least once a month and practice. My colleagues are shooting anytime, they have free time, on their back yards))))) Needles to say they were getting bull eyes left and right.

12. demchocholips May 22, 2020

Before stay-at-home orders I was shooting at least every other weekend. My shooting is going to suck when I get back to the range.

13. larryganz The cable guy May 22, 2020

My private gun club has stay open but is limiting the number of people inside, forcing social distancing, and cleaning thoroughly and often. Needless to say, I'm still staying at home if I can, and consider more practice to be optional.

14. valkyrie_rider May 22, 2020

@demchocholips have you heard of the Mantis X?
    https://mantisx.com/pages/press-media

It is a device you attach to the picatinny rail in a pistol or rifle, it monitors all your movements in near realtime and offers analysis of what could be improved and what is wrong (e.g. breaking wrist up, etc).

I got one last December is it truly works towards improving grouping and precision. It is a great way to keep training when you are unable ot visit the range.

demchocholips and Uniqez like this.
  15. demchocholips May 23, 2020

I hadn’t heard of that. Seems like a great training aid. I’ll check it out.

I’m only able to dry fire practice right now. I find the biggest difference between when I’m shooting well or poorly is how I handle the trigger.

16. OmegaP99 Jul 18, 2020

I carry the piece in my avatar to every single watch deal. I nicknamed it Brrrrrrttttttttt Lancaster.

8100_RPM and ChiefMark like this.
  17. ChiefMark Jul 18, 2020

100%. Idiots.

18. 321Only Jul 18, 2020

So glad to live in Europe

Stripey likes this.
  19. arturo7 Jul 18, 2020

I was down at my local when this occurred. It was quite the event. There was wagering involved.

20. Stripey Jul 18, 2020

Because you can't access the article because of the American terror of GDPR, or because Europe has a different attitude to guns?

OmegaP99 likes this.