Forums Latest Members

F2F sale that went wrong (news story)

1. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 18, 2020

Did that involve an Italian AS?

2. pongster May 19, 2020

Maybe this invicta

33BF0F89-BDB5-408D-82C8-3E1E7D26C6C9.png
    imageWIS, Foo2rama and ConElPueblo like this.
  3. NT931 May 19, 2020

[​IMG]

Syrte, ChiefMark, OmegaP99 and 17 others like this.
  4. asrnj77 May 19, 2020

Just to be clear and so I can tell myself I’m not going crazy, it doesn’t say Invicta anywhere, right? I figured it was a joke but had to re-read the article several times :)

On another note, although it is a serious charge I highly doubt this guy will face any severe punishment. I can’t imagine a jury and judge throwing the proverbial book at a guy who shot at a mugger and didn’t hit anything. My prediction is that if he has no prior criminal history he’ll get off without jail time and will have to do community service and probation.

watch3s and DaveK like this.
  5. watch3s May 19, 2020

maybe he loses his CC permit as well.

6. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance May 19, 2020

If you think THE OC is tough, trying getting a CCW in LA County. ::facepalm2::

timecube and Foo2rama like this.
  7. Uniqez May 19, 2020

I always do anyway. Crazy world we live in.

watch3s likes this.
  8. Uniqez May 19, 2020

He is going to lose his LTC at very least (if he even had one). Thanks God, no one got injured.

watch3s and JwRosenthal like this.
  9. watch3s May 19, 2020

Try NYC lol

timecube and kip595 like this.
  10. kip595 May 19, 2020

All politics aside; growing up in New Orleans during the era crack had turned half the city into a warzone, I understand some folks' de facto response of 'better to have and not need than need and not have' when it comes to carrying. As a CCW holder; I've only ever had to pull over an attempted carjacking, fortunately in the gun-happy state of AZ (the cop I called to report it actually thanked me, that was definitely a first).

I did live in L.A. and the OC both for about 4 years total, and can say that the local news there does NOT like ever indicating the discharge of a firearm by a citizen may have been appropriate, regardless of reason, so I'd venture to say all we can do is speculate about what really happened. Attempted thief grabs watch and bolts? No imminent threat. Attempted thief pulls knife to grab watch, flees when he sees the pistol come out...that's a different story. But not one the press is necessarily obligated to report fully. Just my two cents.

larryganz likes this.
  11. JwRosenthal May 19, 2020

I am a lifelong gun owner (since age 12) have a collection that many would call an “aresenal” with enough ammo to supply a small militia, and I am 100% behind gun laws, regulations and restrictions. In the US , it is a privilege more so than a right (2nd Ammend is always misinterpreted) and ass-hats like this guy who pops a few off when someone does a snatch & run just makes all gun owners look bad.

gatorcpa, ChiefMark, OmegaP99 and 8 others like this.
  12. Uniqez May 19, 2020

I don't think media ever tells about brave people, who used their guns to actually save lives. Hopefully, I will never, ever use mine anywhere else, but the target practicing.
    P.S.I was going to post a picture of the gun and the watch - but let's keep it this way).

20191222_155059.jpg
  13. JwRosenthal May 19, 2020

Agreed- and this is why I am so “left” about the topic, I don’t trust that a populous that needs little more than a driver’s license and clean criminal background can be trusted in situations of stress or temperament. I was almost assaulted by a woman in the super market 2 weeks ago when I asked her to step back from the conveyer (social distancing) as she was standing there as I was trying to pay- imagine if she was packing!!

Sidnos, imageWIS, DaveK and 3 others like this.
  14. Uniqez May 19, 2020

You would've have few extra holes on your body, if she was packing ;) . I am 10000% agree with you mate. In my head, they should've get the strictest CC rules from all of the strictest states and make it on the federal level somehow. I have two licenses from two different states (one - I've got mandatory training,background check, interview in police department with licensing officer, another one (non-resident)- just sent a copy of my LTC and a check to get it).

JwRosenthal likes this.
  15. JwRosenthal May 19, 2020

The state where I live, Maryland, put very strict laws in place in 2013- you must have a state issued firearms permit which requires background check, fingerprinting, mandatory training and a 30 day hold, then you can go and “apply” to purchase a firearm and wait 7 days from then on. I was in a shop filled with other customers, when the clerk was telling me the boiler-plate regulations upon purchasing- the guy standing next to me said “isn’t all this ridiculous- they make it so hard to buy a gun”. I replied “it should be hard, much harder than getting a drivers license”...the shop went silent and everyone looked at me like I had 2 heads.

16. larryganz The cable guy May 19, 2020

Believe it or not, in Colorado it is legal to shoot at a fleeing felon. Still not a good idea if your life or others are not in danger.

17. demchocholips May 19, 2020

IIRC, under California’s super strict gun laws, scenarios in which a gun owner can use lethal force are extremely restrictive. If an attacker pulls out a knife and stabs you once and is about to stab you again, you are legally justified to shoot. If the attacker pulls out a knife, stabs you once and then walks away, you CANNOT legally shoot the attacker.

18. larryganz The cable guy May 19, 2020

But if you have a good reason to believe that they are going also to stab other people soon after they flee, you should be able to fire to protect other lives. Again, that is also how it is in CO.

19. valkyrie_rider May 19, 2020

Edited May 19, 2020
  20. demchocholips May 19, 2020

I’m sure NYC is super stringent for issuing permits.

Before I drove back to CA from NC, I wanted to check the CCW laws for the states I would pass through. Out of curiosity, I looked up permit holders as % of state population. NC is 6.4%. NY is 1.0%. CA is 0.3%!