F1 2022

It’s not a huge surprise as Williams and Alfa ( Sauber in disguise) are the only 2 days independent teams currently outside Haas which isn’t going to swap of off Ferrari anytime soon with a good portion of that car being Ferrari parts.

Although while logical, I’m not 100% sure. There is a 21st team out there as well that makes sense for Porsche to partner with. Leaving Williams to stay in the Mercedes Orbit.

Let's hope Porsche has better luck in F1 than BMW or Ford Jaguar had. Two efforts that had high hopes dashed on the shoals of F1 reality.

Let's hope Porsche has better luck in F1 than BMW or Ford Jaguar had. Two efforts that had high hopes dashed on the shoals of F1 reality.
Don't forget Toyota. They dumped huge amounts of money and basically achieved nothing.

Don't forget Toyota. They dumped huge amounts of money and basically achieved nothing.
Yeah, Toyota, forgot all about that effort that went nowhere fast.

Porsche was already in F1. They built the tag motors.

Porsche was already in F1. They built the tag motors.
They also built entire cars in the early 60s, the 718, 787 & 804

Has there been any class of motorsport in the last decade or so in which Porsche hasn’t succeeded? Not saying it’s a given - not in F1 - but the potential is huge. Can’t wait for 2026.

Also: Porsche, Audi, Aston Martin, Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, Alpine… that sounds pretty healthy.

Has there been any class of motorsport in the last decade or so in which Porsche hasn’t succeeded? Not saying it’s a given - not in F1 - but the potential is huge. Can’t wait for 2026.

Also: Porsche, Audi, Aston Martin, Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, Alpine… that sounds pretty healthy.
Rally

Rally

Have they competed in any big rally championship in the last 10 years?

Have they competed in any big rally championship in the last 10 years?
Nope

Since it was basically the race stewards fault….

still Haas has a very valid point.

Hopefully none of this will affect the final points positions.

Goddamn Max fans and their stupid flares. I was in row 1 on the main grandstand at the US GP and this a-hole fan ran down to my section to set off a flare when Max crossed the line. Smoke was blowing right in my face and I missed everything that happened after Max crossed.

Use of incendiary smoke flares should be a no no in any crowd situation. It's just plain common sense which seems to be in short supply these days.
Edited:

I'm a Max fan but I think it is ridiculous that flares or any other incendiary devices are allowed at the track. All it takes is one idiot to accidentally light up the grand stands and cause a stampede.

In addition the smoke from those devices can obstruct the view for the fans, course workers and drivers.