Forums Latest Members
  1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 22, 2021

I cannot wait mate, especially to see where McLaren is with that Merc in the back and an Australian in the front

Om3ga321, scv55, simonsays and 4 others like this.
  2. vbrad26 Mar 22, 2021

Looking forward to that as well. Danny Ric is definitely one of my favorites so I wish him all best.
    Excited to see how Aston Martin does. Excited to see how Mick does. Excited to see Alonso back...again lol.
    Excited to see anyone but Mercedes win really hah.

RJwatches likes this.
  3. RJwatches Mar 22, 2021

Everything is exciting about this season haha, love the driver lineup.

I have nothing against Lewis but god do I hope his car just doesn't work the way it did for the last years.

Wombat123 and vbrad26 like this.
  4. simonsays Mar 24, 2021

Just did the same, they did a good job!

5. simonsays Mar 24, 2021

It would be even better if it did work, but so did the Red Bulls and Ferraris too!

So much potential this season, the things that interest me at the moment are;

Have Ferrari got a competitive car? Is Carlos going to turn into the standard Ferrari number 2 driver or will he be able to take his game to Leclerc? Will Ferrari even let him or will they restrict him with team orders?

Will Verstappen finally have the car to take the battle to Hamilton, and will keeping up with Max be too hard a task for Perez?

Edited Mar 24, 2021
  6. texasmade Mar 24, 2021

At this point, I'm almost okay with Ferrari and they're allegedly illegal PU's if it meant someone actually challenged Mercedes. 2020 was great to see all of the old tracks back on the calendar but the season was a Lewis/Mercedes wipeout from the the beginning once everyone realized Ferrari really was that awful.

RJwatches likes this.
  7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 24, 2021

Moneys on McLaren right now. They did amazing with the Renault engine.... now with a Merc motor and rumors from the paddock claims it looks like the Mclarens sand bagged hard...

this could be a truly interesting season.

vbrad26 and Scarecrow Boat like this.
  8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 26, 2021

Really looking forward to seeing the pecking order at the end of FP2 in a couple of hours when they’re doing some representative qualitying simulations. Really liking how Red Bull and McLaren are looking so far.

Scarecrow Boat and vbrad26 like this.
  9. vbrad26 Mar 26, 2021

I was hoping for a little more from Aston, but I won't get too discouraged quite yet...still too early.
    I did not watch FP1 but I plan on putting FP2 on here in the background.

Foo2rama likes this.
  10. Albe100 Mar 26, 2021

Does anyone here play the F1 Fantasy? If so, i created an Omega Forums League (hoping there are others that play).
    For those interested, below is the information needed to join. Hope to see some of you there for some friendly F1 banter and competition.

Joining the league couldn't be easier. Simply use this link and you'll be added automatically after you've entered the game:

https://fantasy.formula1.com/league/209404?ftm=email

You shouldn't need the league code, but just in case here it is: 8043481ccc

11. simonsays Mar 26, 2021

Boom! Sainz taking it straight to Leclerc, Max and Lando, Scorchio! Perez has a target on his back and is the new Albon for Gasly.

12. iChristos Mar 26, 2021

Happy to seehow many Omega enthusiasts are passionated also about F1.

I am also a big fan, I think Mercedes will take the lead tomorrow as they always bluff. Lewis will be the favorite with Max to challenge him.
    Excited to see Alonso coming back but I doubt Alpine can do something this year, I think also that the big surprise will be McLaren with Ricci & Lando.
    Let's see tomorrow but 16 cars in one second is definitely something that I like to see.

13. scv55 Mar 26, 2021

I have a very good feeling about this season...top 16 cars were within a second in FP2

14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 26, 2021

I think the problem Aston have is they’re copying Mercedes approach saw them go from a high rake Red Bull / McLaren style concept to a low rake Mercedes concept but then the regulation changes surrounding the diffuser this year have had a more significant impact on low rake designs like Mercedes and so while Mercedes have the talent and the budget to claw back what they lost in the rule change fairly well, Aston Martin can’t do the same since they didn’t fully understand the design they had copied anyway.

15. 8100_RPM Mar 26, 2021

It is funny how Max gets a new teammate and the new one is still six tenths behind him.

16. rob#1 Mar 26, 2021

Just you wait until the Dutch GP - then it’ll be twelve tenths ;)

simonsays and 8100_RPM like this.
  17. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 26, 2021

I’d give him a bit longer to get used to the car, testing being as limited as it is. No doubt he won’t be on Max’s level but he’s a really capable set of hands and doesn’t tend to let points slip through his fingers by making silly mistakes so it puts Redbull in a pretty solid position for the constructors for the first time since Danny Ric left them. It’s good to see so many strong driver pairings now on the grid, a few years ago in 2016 when we had Grosjean, Haryanto, Gutierrez, Ericsson, Nasr, KMag and Palmer on the grid I was thinking how are half of these guys even in F1, but the quality of young talent we have now is absolutely superb.

Foo2rama, drhombus24, rob#1 and 2 others like this.
  18. Gamma11 Mar 27, 2021

The pace of Alpine (or the lack thereof) is surprising. It looks like they have fallen behind Alpha Tauri as well.

19. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 27, 2021

Yea I feel that Honda has made a step, and Renault in part only looked as good as they did last year because the donkey in the back of the Ferrari powered cars was a bit of a joke after the FIA settlement

Foo2rama likes this.
  20. RJwatches Mar 27, 2021

I read Toto said Mercedes has got some new innovations up their sleeve still, anyone know if we will be seeing that today during FP3 or quali?

Or was this something for future races to come?