Extract from the Archives is ... Wrong? (Yes! Correction Issued)

I created a MyOmega account before requesting EOA, and there is a contact email which they answered my questions fairly promptly

I mentioned that as well - always had a response on questions sent that way.

I received this email message this morning. Thanks to the folks here in this forum for prompting me to reach out to the Museum directly:

Thank you for your message and we apologise for the delay in responding.

We are sorry to read that your archive extract mentioned an error, we have informed our brand heritage department and they have re-issued the document with the corrected production date of 20 August 1943.

Omega supplied the MoD with plenty of spares, including complete Movements, even after the end of WW2, if they were requested.

I waited for Omega's response before following up, but now that they've admitted their error, I thought I'd check back. My understanding is that the Royal Navy sold all of their unissued HS↑8 watches as surplus to Bravingtons shortly after the war ended. (The Royal Air Force is another matter, of course, with 6B/159 watches being re-dialed and issued to airmen as late as 1956.) Is that wrong? I would have assumed that if they anticipated needing any spares, they could have withheld some from the surplus sale. But I guess they could have underestimated their needs.

Thanks in advance for any information. It's probably obvious, but I'm quite interested in these watches.

Hey!
After reading your post about contacting them, I decided to do the same about my 2996 labelled on the EoA as a 2914. Here is what I just received

How would you interpret that? 😁

How would you interpret that?

Well, TBH, I think I'd believe the archives folks.

In my case I was initially reluctant to question the extract because that would mean going through my Omega Boutique. They're nice enough, but they're also basically salespeople without a lot of knowledge about vintage watches. The folks on this forum gave me the idea of bypassing the Boutique and dealing directly with Omega's Heritage department.

If I had to guess, I'd hypothesize that in my case someone wrote the correct prodution year (1943) by hand, but the "3" was mistaken for an "8" when typing the original extract.

Just to wrap this thread up (with a red bow), I finally picked up my corrected Extract from the Archives yesterday. The heritage folks apparently sent the extract to the Boutique without any accompanying material, including my name and contact info. Since that's not on the extract itself, the Boutique folks had no idea what to do with it. It took a while, but I guess when dealing with Omega, patience is sometimes necessary. (And, to be sure, the folks at the Omega Boutique were unfailingly nice and helpful.) Thanks to the OF community.
Edited:

It would be very easy to confuse a 3 for an 8 in old hand-written documents (which is probably what they were examining) that have faded over the years. It’s nice that they fixed this for you.