Extract from the Archives is ... Wrong? (Yes! Correction Issued)

Some OF members apparently have a phone number to call.

Well if any of the said OF members passes the number to me in a PM, I might make a polite inquiry. Might give me an excuse to brush up on my French, though I expect anyone there speaks perfectly fine English.

I don't expect much from the Omega Boutique at which I ordered the extract (Atlanta). The salesman that I worked with did not even know what an Extract from the Archives was until I explained it to him. And then they insisted on keeping the watch to send it to King of Prussia. Fortunately, a couple of days later they called back to say they didn't need the watch after all and I could pick it up.

Well if any of the said OF members passes the number to me in a PM, I might make a polite inquiry. Might give me an excuse to brush up on my French, though I expect anyone there speaks perfectly fine English.

I think you might want to be more proactive if you are serious. I wouldn't expect highly connected people to voluntarily share their precious and carefully cultivated contacts with a stranger.

I'll send a pair of Omega cufflinks in exchange for the number 😀

I think you might want to be more proactive if you are serious. I wouldn't expect highly connected people to voluntarily share their precious and carefully cultivated contacts with a stranger.

That's fair. To be honest, it's not that big a deal to me, and I have little confidence that any of my entreaties to Omega (the Boutique or others) would make any difference.

That's fair. To be honest, it's not that big a deal to me, and I have little confidence that any of my entreaties to Omega (the Boutique or others) would make any difference.

I think you might actually get a correction. We have seen similar things happen before on the forum on multiple occasions. Mistakes are made.

Many years ago I received an extract which I later found to be incorrect. I rang the museum and they gave me an email address which I contacted and they told me to return the extract. I then got the correct extract with a nice omega pen as a bonus.
I'll look for dates and old mails etc. but it was I think too long ago to have a record.

I suggest you try the same route. Every time I've called the museum with a query they have been very helpful.

Many years ago I received an extract which I later found to be incorrect. I rang the museum and they gave me an email address which I contacted and they told me to return the extract. I then got the correct extract with a nice omega pen as a bonus.
I'll look for dates and old mails etc. but it was I think too long ago to have a record.

I suggest you try the same route. Every time I've called the museum with a query they have been very helpful.

Thank you for the suggestion. I could not find contact information for the Omega Museum itself, but there is information for Cité du Temps in which the museum is housed. I will go ahead and contact them to see if they can explain (and ideally correct) the discrepancy. I don't have much confidence working through my Omega Boutique, but perhaps if I can reach someone at the archives directly, they can rectify the error.

Thank you for the suggestion. I could not find contact information for the Omega Museum itself, but there is information for Cité du Temps in which the museum is housed. I will go ahead and contact them to see if they can explain (and ideally correct) the discrepancy. I don't have much confidence working through my Omega Boutique, but perhaps if I can reach someone at the archives directly, they can rectify the error.

Maybe set up an account on the Omega website and send them an email as a registered user. They normally respond to those. You can try contacting the museum as well.
It is interesting the case does not have a serial number. The 6B/159 I have seen had serial numbers in the case back which matches to the movement serial numbers in the Omega archives.
Edited:

Well if any of the said OF members passes the number to me in a PM, I might make a polite inquiry.

I got hold of them telephonically from the number they post on their website.

Most HS 8 don't have individual case numbers. Depending what pictures you did sent for the EoA, everything could still be right. Omega supplied the MoD with plenty of spares, including complete Movements, even after the end of WW2, if they were requested. Not everything was documented to our Standards during that horrible War. So.....

Should this not be British? 😀😗

I think, it is just a mistake in his post. The EoA is saying British.

I recently had an issue with them too…
I asked for an EOA for my newly acquired PAF 2996 ranchero

Serial is in the correct short range And everything is correct. i provided the pictures and received an EOA confirming it was delivered to the Pakistan Air Force but describing it as a 2914 railmaster! From what I know the 2914 and 2996 were provided with the same movement in the same 250-300 range but still…
Why do they even ask for the pictures?

Again: Everything can still be correct in your EoA . Why do you assume, that the watch you bought, which was delivered to the Pakistani Air force( loooong way from Switzerland.... Therefore many Spares supplied ) is in the same State 60 years later ? Both watches are labelled Seamaster for the PAF, same Mvmt. , same Task for the local Watchmaker ( keep the Watches working and in Service ) ..... Mvmt. Swap ??? Be happy, that the local Watchmaker did not use any Omega to swap the movement and your EoA. states: Omega Geneve.... Both still Military.
Both PAF . Just not meeting our expectations.

Probably yes and I read the same thing happened to someone else who managed to have it corrected, probably because omega provided the movements without keeping the detail of which watch it would go to in that small batch. And who would take the movement from a much more expensive 2914 to put it in a 2996 on purpose…?

But I would have expected the archives to tell me they cannot provide an extract because it doesn’t match the picture, not deliver this sloppy one, that’s where I find this disappointing for a rather costly service

But I would have expected the archives to tell me they cannot provide an extract because it doesn’t match the picture, not deliver this sloppy one, that’s where I find this disappointing for a rather costly service
I think it's a flaw having to provide pictures of the watch, a movement# should be sufficient. In automotive we don't need pictures to provide a certificate of conformity, just the VIN that tells how the car left the factory originally. If that differs from the body type or engine capacity what the customer has currently it's not an issue for the brand.

You are in the US, right? I have corresponded in the past with omega about extracts via their customer service email address: [email protected]

You are in the US, right? I have corresponded in the past with omega about extracts via their customer service email address: [email protected]

Thanks for the tip. If the Omega museum doesn’t respond, I’ll try that next. I did get an acknowledgment from Cité du Temps, so that may turn out to be productive.

[Q
I think it's a flaw having to provide pictures of the watch, a movement# should be sufficient. In automotive we don't need pictures to provide a certificate of conformity, just the VIN that tells how the car left the factory originally. If that differs from the body type or engine capacity what the customer has currently it's not an issue for the brand.
My understanding is the EOA is issued for the entire watch- confirming that the movement was delivered in the case as identified by reference number and pictures. Not just the movement. If they cannot confirm that the movement was delivered in the case you identify- then they cancel the order and provide no information- but you still have to pay for the service as they went through the records just the same.
UOTE="kaplan, post: 2056453, member: 70006"]How do you contact them? I’ve had no luck through the forms[/QUOTE]

I created a MyOmega account before requesting EOA, and there is a contact email which they answered my questions fairly promptly