Estate find steel 161.009 with box+papers

Hi,

I stumbled over this steel Omega with nice cal. 552 on an estate sale. It is not exactly what I am out for but I could not resist. I would like to share this one with you and would love to get your opinion: is this a correct set up or a mix of random pieces?

Best, caselock

1.jpg 6.jpg 15.jpg 4.jpg 19.jpg 21.jpg 29.jpg 26.jpg 2.jpg 5.jpg

Firstly, the serial on the paperwork matches the movement and reference. The booklet matches the retailer on the paperwork so that must all be correct and original.
The only items that could realistically be in doubt are the buckle and box but they’re both period correct so no reason to think they’ve been added later.
Nice little find.

No reason to believe it isn't. Looks like a nice pick up. Crystal should polish up nicely.

That was a nice grab. Depending on the price, I probably would have grabbed it as well.

It's always hard to know what's happened to a decades old watch like this one. Its clearly had some wear and there is no reason not to think it was worn daily for years before being put in box when its owner moved on. The owner was clearly careful enough to hold on to the box and receipt, which match the watch. So I'd say there's an excellent chance that it's all original and exactly how it looks.

Great find.

Firstly, the serial on the paperwork matches the movement and reference. The booklet matches the retailer on the paperwork so that must all be correct and original.
The only items that could realistically be in doubt are the buckle and box but they’re both period correct so no reason to think they’ve been added later.
Nice little find.

Thanks for your input. With this serial I would guess it is 1965 production and was sold a year later. Seems these little Omegas were easy to sell in those days, I heard about Speedmasters and others at the top level sitting for much longer before eventually purchased....

It's always hard to know what's happened to a decades old watch like this one. Its clearly had some wear and there is no reason not to think it was worn daily for years before being put in box when its owner moved on. The owner was clearly careful enough to hold on to the box and receipt, which match the watch. So I'd say there's an excellent chance that it's all original and exactly how it looks.

Great find.

Indeed, edges and back show quite a bit of wear so it is unlikely the first strap survived ....and there is at least one watchmakers mark, maybe from 1971. So it needed attention movementwise.
25.jpg